“Perfect family holiday location”
other travelers have booked this property
Sitting close to a beautiful private, carp fishing lake with row boat and island.
Fully equipped kitchen. New and efficient white goods and kitchen appliances. Sleep in a pretty double bedroom with a lake view.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Fully equipped kitchen. New and efficient white goods and kitchen appliances.
Sleep in a pretty double bedroom with a lake view.
Family fun on the lake.
Lots of places to eat al fresco on the terrace and in the gardens.
Lots of guests spend hours just duck watching (with a glass or two!)
Beautiful flower filled gardens private and secluded grounds.
Tranquil, beautiful, magical sunrise and sunsets over the lake.
The view from across the lake.
Sunny south facing terrace. Private and sheltered with stone barbecue.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SJMScotla...
Scotland
“Perfect family holiday location”
Reviewed November 27, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Our family( maw, paw, weans, grandparents and dog) spent a wonderful family holiday here this summer. With a pool, acres of space to run about in, a lake for adventure, bikes and boats our boys had a fabulous holiday. The cottage is cozy, comfortable and superbly equipped with all you could need. Sue is the most welcoming and accommodating hostess with great knowledge of what's on and ideas for the best places to go. The surrounding areas are beautiful with lots of nice places to eat & drink. I would highly recommend it for families looking for a peaceful and relaxing holiday in rural France.

Dec 21, 2017
Thank you for choosing to spend your family holiday with us this year and thank you for writing such a positive and supportive review. I feel that you came here as strangers and left as friends! I missed you all when you left and I know my dog Rory missed Carson, his buddy. He spent lots of time nosing around the garden looking for him!
dingdang4...
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“The place I feel most at home at anywhere”
Reviewed November 24, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I've been to stay with Sue @ Weeping Willow Cottage for some years now. The cottage is ideal for total relaxation, recharging and getting away from daily life. Le Moulin De Marault is almost other worldly with idyllic surroundings and a tranquility seldom experienced anywhere else. The cottage is beautiful with excellent facilities and furnishings however Sue embodies the ambiance by being a prodigious host, warm and welcoming; always able to recommend a great day trip or a bottle of wine better than anything you've ever tasted. The cottage is so much more than the sum of its parts, the feeling, the welcome, the various animals always happy to see you is hard to describe but easily realized when you visit. I'm going again next May and am counting the days until I can be at my most special place. Thank you Sue for making this place so special and for giving me so many happy memories with more to come.

Nov 26, 2017
Merci beaucoup James!! I'm so grateful for your fantastic review! It's always a pleasure to welcome you back again to the cottage. I always say it's my guests that make this place so special. I think I have nicer, more delightful guests then anyone else! Perhaps it's because this place draws like minded souls who 'get it' The magic works for them as it did for me from the first time I walked down the path.
As for making you feel at home, that is my pleasure.
Looking forward to seeing you in the Spring when the grounds will be full of blossom and the woods will have a carpet of bluebells!
Andy W
“A cosy cottage with a roaring fire and a lake full of carp”
Reviewed November 22, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

What a great stay we had. It was our first holiday with our 6 month old son.
Sue was fantastic at providing everything we and him needed, down to cots and high chairs.
The weather was cold but the log burner kept us warm in the evening (along with the red wine).
Would highly recommend

Nov 24, 2017
Many thanks for your kind words and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at Weeping Willow Cottage. Of course I am disappointed not to be awarded five stars and would be grateful to know what I can do better to gain that extra star! I'm always very keen to ensure everything is perfect for my guests!
Doobles63
Birmingham
“Tranquil setting”
Reviewed November 20, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We have now stayed twice at Weeping Willow Cottage, July 2016 and September 2017. The location is only 15 minutes walk from the village of Les Bois, where there is a village shop which also combines as a bar/restaurant (serves good lunches Mon-Fri for circa 12 Euro). The main town of Gorron is 10-15 minutes drive where there is everything you could possibly need. Weeping Willow cottage is set in its own grounds with ample parking and the nearest neighbour 300-400m away, this means it is peaceful and quiet. Within the grounds is a small lake which is well stocked with carp. The house has a small lounge and kitchen, two bedrooms and upstairs bathroom and down stairs toilet and shower. The water pressure is good and we have never run out of hot water. Facilities are good with a TV (basic English channels), CD player and the kitchen is well provided with all the utensils you are likely to need. The cottage is clean and tidy and outside there is plenty of garden to rest in with a small coal BBQ which is useful when the weather is warm or hot. The owner Sue is very helpful and if you are missing anything only too willing to provide. There are two resident dogs (one large and one small), several cats (no problem at all) and many ducks and geese. There are also a couple of bikes to use if requested, we certainly like to use these as the roads surrounding the cottage are ideal for cycling with little traffic to worry about.
Would recommend as a base for touring the country side or a quiet holiday.

Nov 22, 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review with many points that Im sure will be very interesting to my future guests. One small correction, the 'geese' you mentioned are actually very large ( and very friendly) ducks!
You have been delightful guests during both of your visits here with your family and I do hope you will come and see us again. Warmest good wishes.
Barbara R
“Perfect retreat for a holiday”
Reviewed November 19, 2017 for a stay in June 2016

Beautiful setting, warm welcome. Comfortable clean accommodation. Oozing character. We spent a lovely few days in these beautiful surroundings. Would definitely go back.

Nov 20, 2017
Thank you for your kind words. It was lovely to have you stay here and I would be delighted to welcome you back to Weeping Willow Cottage.
gtipam201...
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“This place seeps into your soul, and you can't wait to get back.”
Reviewed November 19, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

There's a perfect balance here. The location in the deep countryside, the lake, the trees and the way that the cottage holds you warm and comfortable, is calming and comforting. Then the animals make you laugh and give you the most fantastic welcome. Sue is the best host you could have. Just go!

Your age range 65+
Nov 20, 2017
I'm so glad Weeping Willow Cottage cast its magic over you! Many many thanks for your lovely words!
Claire T
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed November 19, 2017 for a stay in July 2016

Beautiful, peaceful, quiet, tranquil, just some of the words I’d use to describe Weeping Willow Cottage. We’ve stayed here twice, once with a teenage daughter and once just myself and my husband. Both times we’ve had the best time. Sue is the hostess with the mostest! Extremely accommodating, helpful and lovely! There’s loads to do in the local area as well as further afield. The self contained cottage itself has everything you could wish for, is very comfortable and there’s even a pool! We will definitely be going back!

Nov 20, 2017
Thank you for your lovely words!
It was great to have you here and to meet your family too! Ots always a pleasure to welcome returning guests back.
Come and see us again soon!
Warmest wishes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing