“Great Food & Warm Hospitality In a Perfect & Beautiful Setting!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arcadia Restaurant

Arcadia Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 69 Restaurants in Ascona
Cuisines: Italian
Kent, New York
“Great Food & Warm Hospitality In a Perfect & Beautiful Setting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I travel to Ascona quite often and no trip would be complete without a visit to Arcadia. It is one of my favorite restaurants. It is run by Chef Michele Bolz and his wife Verena. I go to Arcadia for one of my favorite dishes, Wiener Schnitzel. It is flavorful and tender with a crisp buttery bread coating; It is served with Rosti, that is simply delicious! I have this dish every time I visit Arcadia. It is consistently wonderful. I have had Wiener Schnitzel at the Sacher Hotels in Salzburg and Vienna - the Wiener Schnitzel at Arcadia is far superior and the best I've ever had. I recommend the Insalata Mista for starters.

Mrs. Bolz is the quintessential hostess, who finds the time to “visit” with the guests at each table, often conversing in their native languages. Whether they are local residents, restaurant patrons or hotel guests – she greets everyone with a warm smile and makes everyone feel welcome.

Arcadia is a charming Hotel & Restaurant located near the end of Via Lido, just outside the Gold Club Patriziale and the Lido. It is as oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the Piazza Motta.

• Visited September 2013