“One of the best restaurants in the vicinity of Lausanne”
Review of Auberge du Raisin

Auberge du Raisin
Reserve with
Auberge du Raisin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Cully
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lausanne, Switzerland
“One of the best restaurants in the vicinity of Lausanne”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have been going to thei restaurant for the last 55 years. It is owned by the Commune de Cully and Managed by the Gauer family which is a very old established family in the hotel business who manages among others the Lausanne Palace . The food at the Raisin is extreemely good . They have a fantastic list of local Swiss wines. A variety of fish and meat dishes are offered. Deserts are excellent and I would recommend the souffle au Grand Marnier which is absolutely exceptional. In winter one should be sited in the fire place room, and in summer on their small terrace. The service is very good, many memebers of the staff have been working in this restaurant for more than fifty years. Giacomo the Maitre D has been there since 1960. Prices are very reasonable. You may go to this restaurant,with your wife,your family,business friends, they will all love it. Only problem is the parking avilability, but staff will park your car with pleasure if you do not find space.

• Visited December 2012

Zurich, Switzerland
“Great food, nice ambiance”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This quite famous restaurant had not disappointed us. We had the table right next to the large fireplace which added the right romantic touch (the room supposedly origins from the 15th century...). It is quite expensive, though the food was absolutely worth it. The service was good but could have been slightly more attentive. - This review counts for the Rotisserie (I have never been at the bistro).

• Visited November 2011
Dubai
“Disappointing compared to price and reputation of this restaurant”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Disappointing, especially compared to the addition and I was uncomfortable vis-à-vis my guest, he has also expressed his astonishment.

I begin with the positive part, very classy, ​​and beautiful table decoration. Then it goes bad with the service, which is described in detail below in the areas for improvement. Finally, the kitchen, I find not so good and original as expected, maybe I had too high expectations and I came across a bad day.

For detailed dinner, we started with a glass of champagne and then for starters, we opted for the "foie gras with candied apples, coated with a port jelly red" accompanied by a mushroom mousse and a little green salads. It was OK, but nothing spectacular, over the amount was "ristrette".
In flat, we have chosen, "Veal Kidneys in slices, sauce mustard" with a basket of vegetables.
I admit well presented, against the accompaniment by hand, boiled potatoes (I can do the same thing at home without boasting) or saffron rice was poor (one plain rice might have been preferable). A little "cheap" as accompaniment and not very harmonious with the selected dishes.
Finally, for dessert, the best dish for me is to say, that a chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and a strawberry for my guest. In support of coffees, pastries are offered a contrario I was amazed that this establishment does not offer appetizers such.

So in the end I stay on my hunger, and am also disappointed, sad and uncomfortable vis-à-vis my guest. Excessive price for quality. I doubt that I would return.

Areas for improvement:
- Service not professional enough, stressful and a little messy. For example, the server used the wrong glass to serve water and poured into the wine glass. Fortunately a second bottle of wine was offered to us. The butler when we just arrived came 3-4 times to see if we choose when we had just ordered an appetizer and we were not in a hurry.

• Visited July 2011
Lausanne
“Very good”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Service was excellent, food is traditional and the quality is great. That s a nice one to go

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank gastros
Renens
“Great food and excellent service”
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We tried the "rognon de veau, sauce moutard", veal-kidney in musterd sauce and they tasted fantastic. The restaurant has a very nice middle-age ambienve with a real wood-fire and the service of the staff was very professionel