All reviews spa area steam room wellness centre fish or vegetarian hot food to order great pool each afternoon mini bar hotel minibus excellent hotel railway station two nights we stayed half board minute stroll afternoon tea and cake positive side bread
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

I would expect much more in that price and from hotel with such opinion. Just few phothos of the room: "brilliant" view from the window, the wall which is not painted, no tv, some computers in a mini-bar place, phone without line conection. Is it real Swiss 4,5*???

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Hotel is very nice, it is SPA hotel, clean, perfect breakfast, but dont get me wrong...300Chf for 1 night is super overpriced.
There is no concierge service, there is missign guest interaction...anything you need you always need to go on reception, wait line...and ask ! But OK.
View nothing special, SPA nothing special, but dont get me wrong my review is based on my experience, and price I have paid :)
If this hotel set price 200Chf/night it will be nice option for staying in Kandersteg.
Michal

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2018

This is one of those hotels that has so many great things going for it, and yet, somehow, it just misses the mark. Front of the house staff was less than congenial. Ditto for dining room service. On the first morning I asked to have my eggs cooked a bit longer and when the server returned with them, she actually rolled her eyes. Not good.

The room was spacious, but the bathroom layout was odd. The shower was ridiculously small - I'm 5'4" and I was banging my elbows.

Dinner buffet had a variety of items, which was great. However, they seemed to run out of things and were not particularly timely about refilling them.

On the positive side, they have an extensive sauna/pool area. Unfortunately, there was no one that we could identify that could provide any kind of information about the spa area or services.

The hotel itself is on the edge of town and the grounds are very pretty. They also have an afternoon tea (which runs from 5pm to 6pm). Perhaps a little close to the dinner hour, but welcome after a long day of hiking.

This hotel has great potential, but service needs to be improved across the board.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PrincessNthePea
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

What an absolutely amazing hotel set in a wonderful Swiss mountain town. Kandersteg is a beautiful place with breathtaking scenery and this hotel is ideally located to take in scenic walks, and is within easy reach of the 3 cable cars to explore further. We booked our family trip through ‘Inghams’ and from start to finish the trip ran like clockwork. On arrival at Kanderstag railway station the hotel transfer bus was waiting and a few minutes later we were greeted by very friendly staff at the hotel. Our luggage was taken to our room, and we offered a free welcome drink and given lots of information and a discount card to use on the cable cars. The rooms were immaculate and spacious with excellent views to the front. Although very expensive, which is typical of Switzerland, booking half board proved to be very reasonable with a fantastic breakfast choice, and a choice of 6/7 course evening meals. Just be vary of your drinks bill which soon mounts up. On the whole the staff were brilliant, if a little overrun at times. However, if there was one thing I could change it was the amount of flies that seem to be around the dining area, especially breakfast. It did put me off a little bit of selecting the cold meats. I did wonder if some sort of preventative measure could be put in place, a zapper machine for example. All in all though a great hotel that I wouldn’t hesitate to visit again. Perfect for that special holiday!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Wow. This hotel. Kandersteg. We fell in love with both. My husband and I were on a 2.5 week "backpacking" trip (we brought luggage vs. backpacks) through Italy and Switzerland and stopped in Kandersteg for two nights during our trip. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. The room was incredibly spacious and had incredible views of the nearby mountains and waterfalls. We enjoyed sitting on our patio and taking in the sights of everything around us. The weather in Kandersteg was phenomenal, and we slept with our windows open. The hotel is set far back from the street, so you don't hear much traffic noise (not like you'd hear a lot of traffic in Kandersteg to begin with, but whatever). The location of the hotel is roughly .25 - .5 mile from the city center, so it's an easy walk down there to check out the restaurants, shops, or even ride the cable car up to Oeschenensee. The hotel staff were extremely sweet, and we enjoyed the breakfast each morning. We had dinner one night at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised with everything. The menu was extensive and catered to many. The spa was WONDERFUL... we enjoyed our time in the pools and saunas very much. My husband and I both received a massage during our stay and it was so relaxing. We would love to come back and stay for a longer period of time. It is such a quaint hotel! Thank you for the incredible stay!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple