All reviews great hosts great stories place to stay breakfast table lovely home train station feel right at home interesting people family style beautiful valley anywhere in the world off the beaten track bread local area stayed longer ensuite bathroom warm welcome
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

I honestly don't even know where to start.
Absolutely gem of a place to stay
Such a warm welcome from Kerry and Peter to there lovely home and made to feel right at home. They couldn't do enough for you.

Evening meals and breakfast sitting round the table was just fantastic. Listening to there well traveled adventures and sharing stories, general chat. Food is amazing proper home made delights, worth every franc

We will definitely be back, to stay again

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank welovefuerteventura
Reviewed October 26, 2017

Well, where do I start. This is a real gem of a place. A perfect location with incredible views. Amazing host(s), we only met Peter as his wife was away. He was full of great stories and a hive of information on things to do and places to go. Breakfast was a real treat with a super spread of fresh meats, cheese, bread and lots more.
A place we will certainly come back to. Say hi to Snorkel and Anchor.

Room Tip: Check out the hidden bathroom??
Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2017

I'm not sure where to start I have too many good things to say about this place.

We arrived by car (on the train, which was fantastic but that's another review) and it was very easy to find with our sat nav. Equally it would have been an easy walk from the train station.
We were greeted by Peter with a warm hello and an offer to help with our bags. We were taken up a few steps to a lovely little outdoor seating area and inside to their open plan dining/kitchen area. We chatted about our Journey and were shown to our room. Quirky doesn't even cover it. A beautiful light and bright room with views over the fields mountains and waterfalls. 2 twin beds together but this did not present us with a problem. Likewise no air conditioning (we stayed in August) but not a problem, who wouldn't want to breathe fresh mountain air while they sleep and gaze at the stars out of the window from your bed!
To get to your en suite bathroom, you open a trapdoor and go down a few steps to your own little cave wet room. Beatufully decorated and all mod cons. A powerful warm shower and big fluffy towels.
Do yourself a favour and take a few minutes to read the little folder they have put together in your room, it really does tell you everything you might need to know about the B&B and the local area.
Kerry and Peter were fantastic hosts, not intrusive or overbearing but there when you needed them, for a beer or an adapter or just a chat about your day.
We chose to have dinner the first of our two nights, we wished we'd had it both nights. Not because there was anything wrong with the place they had recommended for the second night but because it was so nice to chat to two interesting people about their colourful lives and experiences. All whilst eating delicious food home made by them. We were truly made to feel welcome and like we'd known them for years.
We are not the sort of people that go back to places as there is so much of the world to explore but we found ourselves looking for an excuse to come stay again.
Peter imparted stories of his life in this beautiful valley, gave us tips on where to walk that suited our abilities and fantastic little places off the beaten track (on land that his family own) that you would never know to go if it wasn't for his invaluable knowledge.
It is a very old house and being made of wood it creaks and cracks but it never bothered us. I am a very light sleeper and will wake up at the slightest noise, our room was off the dining room and we woke to the breakfast table fully laid and hadn't heard a thing. A great nights sleep.
On the subject of breakfast, home made jams, bread, meat, cheese, cereal, fruit you name it they had it. and if they didn't I get the feeling they'd get it or make it for you without so much as a question.
I can't recommend this place enough, If there was any negative I'd have to say I wish I could've stayed longer. Thankyou Peter and Kerry (and Anchor and Snorkel).

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2017

My second visit to The Hayloft, and I doubt it'll be my last.

A tradition Swiss chalet in a stunning mountain location with heaps of charm & character, yet has all the modern comforts.

Above all, it's made home-from-home by engaging hosts Kerry & Peter, and always seems to attract an interesting selection of guests.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2017

The Hayloft is comfortable, tasty and full of stories! Peter and Kerry offer lovely accommodations as well as great stories. They have lived full lives and share their experiences with their guests. I loved their sense of humor!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family