All reviewsoutdoor poolspa areadesign hotelpanoramic viewsouth facingsteam roomski resortsmall gymwinter gardenswiss alpsski roomspa treatmentshotel barjunior suiteevery eveninggreat spaamazing hotel
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Cambrian in Adelboden has it all! Great design in public areas and in the rooms, lovely staff with attention to details, and a magnificent spa, incl. indoor and outdoor pool, saunas, hammam, and a relaxation area.

The staff was lovely and very attentive to our needs. As we had to leave early to catch a train at the Jungfrau, they prepared a breakfast basket for us. They were also very willing to advise us on the best areas to visit around the hotel.

The room was spacious with a very comfortable bed. Nice amenities in the bathroom, but no bathtub. Next time, we will pay a little extra for a room with views over the mountains.

Dinner at the restaurant was nice, good value for money. The bread buffet is a nice idea, with a wide choice of different butters and bread types. Lovely design again in the dining room.

Only downside to mention - not key - the road next to the outdoor pool is a bit noisy and visible. I would suggest planting some trees/vegetation around to hide the view over the road.

This place is a must go, and will become my favorite weekend getaway (only 1h45min from Geneva).

Room Tip: I would suggest adding a little extra for a room with views over the mountains - beautiful!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oeilaiguise
Reviewed July 2, 2013

As a young couple, we traveled to celebrate our anniversary and were amazed by the views. We enjoyed very much the hydrotherapy pool. Breakfast was fantastic, everything was of a good quality. Service was very good. The lobby area and tea area are just amazing, one of the nicest views we've ever seen.
The fitness area is small but very comfy.
Some aspects of the hotel are really classy and new but others are a little old and filthy. For instance, our bathroom floor had water coming out from somewhere. Besides, the towels and robes we had were too old and with holes so we requested new ones. We had them immediately but the "new" ones were also very damaged.
We would have liked to be able to choose either to keep or to take off our swimming suites and not to be forced to take them off at the Hammam, however, the place is very nice.

Our general experience was positive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank semf
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I are currently staying at The Cambrian and we are very happy here.

The reception staff at check-in are very friendly and ready to help you with any questions you have. Our receptionist walked us to the elevator before handing us our room keys. There are two medium sized elevators here.

The lounges just past reception are very warm and cozy. There are two indoor lounges, one with a fireplace, the other in room surrounded with windows, and a third one that is outdoors. We were informed that they offer guests free cake from 4pm to 5pm and sadly , checked in a littleOnce after 5pm and today we weren't back from our outing till after 5pm so we missed it two days in a row.

The rooms are spacious and the view from our room is gorgeous. We got the deluxe double rooms with panoramic mountain views (we are in room 210 and 212). Our rooms are very clean and we love the color and tile scheme of the spacious bathrooms. Both rooms have a bit of a different layout but they are both nice (if i wanted to be picky, the only thing is in room 212 the towel rack isn't near the shower but it doesn't bother us). Our tv has some English channels and they do have free wifi-- ask for it at reception and they will give you the username and password. I don't know how much hotter it can get in the summer, but there is no air conditioning here. It is a little warm during the afternoon with the sunshine but it is fine without AC. Once the shade comes it gets nice and cool.

We have lovely little balconies with two chairs and a small table. And the view ahead is amazing. Rolling hills of green with snow capped mountain tops, and off in the distance Engstligen Falls can be seen. It is 6:30pm and wild birds are landing on empty balconies looking for any crumbs of food people left behind.

There is a nice outdoor heated swimming pool that I can see from my room. My mother-in-law had a lovely massage with honey that she enjoyed very much. She loved that the massage was gentle and slow.

We had dinner last night in the hotel restaurant and all of the dishes we had were excellent. There is a bread buffet where you slice your selection of breads and there was a selection of different butters and oils to have with the bread. The foamed watercress soup with shrimp (the shrimp was an optional add-on) was delicate and velvety. The vegetables with puff pastry was rich and creamy. The chicken breast with morel mushroom sauce was tender and juicy. And the Irish beef entrecote was amazing. I am sad that we are leaving tomorrow but we are continuing our trip to another city. We would love to come back to stay here again and plan several hiking trips in the area.

I

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank PhantomMoon
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently stayed overnight with my wife. I would thoroughly recommend the hotel for the top notch service, outstanding design, stunning vistas and wonderful spa. Not to mention an excellent restaurant. There is a fine attention to detail that one takes for granted living in Switzerland, but here it even surpasses the norm. The staff are extremely helpful and look like they mean it. The bar alsi is very good. Make sure you eat in the restaurant. Very good quality all round, we absolutely mean to return (soon I hope.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stquinton
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We absolutely loved this hotel! We had 3 rooms and they put us all as close as possible. We arrived by bus and the hotel was right across the street from the bus station, but you wouldn't know it. Our room was a mountain view room and the scenery is breathtaking. We used the spa/pool. It's absolutely wonderful sitting in a spa overlooking the Alps. We didn't want to get out! The bar is very cool and we used the Billiards room (no extra charge). The breakfast was wonderfully spread out and very tasty. We were headed to Our Chalet the next morning; our taxi didn't come, so the hotel took us in their van (for free!). They came and picked us up when we were done. This added touch sealed this hotel for me. I have already recommended it to others. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and their staff.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get a room with a scenic view. Totally worth it
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family