“Stunning views” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fish Specialty Restaurant Sens

Fish Specialty Restaurant Sens
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Vitznau
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Culinary tradition and modernity meet perfect balance in Sens : The menu offers typical regional dishes as well as modern and exotic creations for every taste. And if you still want to be closer to the lake, eating on the beautiful terrace or small island just above the water. Enjoy from here the beautiful view and the most beautiful sun gear on Lake Lucerne! The perfect end to an unforgettable evening guarantees our cozy lounge Sens. A fine dinner drink, a glass of wine or a fruity cocktail and you'll find yourself at least now in absolute holiday mood again, which could not be better.
Chicago, Illinois
“Stunning views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Dining here is a real treat. The food is outstanding - apart from some heavy-on-the-oil Hors d'oeuvres, the rest of my food was one Michelin star quality, and when combined with the view, it tasted even more divine.
Depending on what you are looking for, I found the service a little pretentious - especially at the end of the meal when my credit card was being processed and a tip almost requested. I then inquired to make sure the standard Swiss Service percentage had been included - which it had - and was told that the waiters here earn their living from tips (by a waiter with an American accent) - which in Switzerland is simply not true where a higher than living wage is mandatory for wait staff, in comparison to the US where tips are needed to supplement $2 per hour wage. I left a decent cash tip, but the experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

If you are coming with a group, book ahead for the VIP banquette out on the terrasse - very James Bondesque!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Vitznauerhof, Manager at Fish Specialty Restaurant Sens, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Mrs. Roo 15

First of all, I would like to apologize for the late answer; we are having a very busy period. Your comment has created a lot of discussions internally with the staff involved.
I have to thank you for your nice remarks about the food and the surroundings, which we all appreciated. Believe me that I have spoken with the gentlemen in question and his direct head of department very seriously about this matter.
You are totally right with your statement that all services are included and tips are at your own discretion.
Again accept my apologies; the gentlemen in question will be leaving the hotel shortly. We hope, if you are in the area, to welcome you again.

Kind regards
Dirk Jan Post
Management

Gersau, Switzerland
“Marcel's birthday spoil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was searching for a special restaurant to take my boyfriend for his special birthday as a surprise. As I am new to the country this proved to be a hard task. I wanted an unforgettable experience within a close proximity of our house. I read a few reviews on TripAdvisor and decided on Sens. What a spectacular dinner. We had the 7-course chef's menu paired with wine. It's a little pricey, but worth every Franc! We had an unforgettable evening and the service was great too!

Visited August 2012
Lucerne, Switzerland
“amazing dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

i was eating here with 2 other friends which are chefs. We were really pleased with the food and wine that we had. Service was excellent. Nice small restaurant with big gourmet experience. The turbot and the veal with granny smith sorbet and pumpkin seeds was our highlights.

• Visited April 2011