“Evening dinner”

Hotel Rigi Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Vitznau
Cuisines: Swiss
Description: Family-run hotel with restaurant and bar located in the town centre of Vitznau. Ideally located in the town centre of Vitznau, our family-run hotel and restaurant offers you finest food and charming hospitality in the heart of Switzerland. Indulge yourself an aperitif in the beautiful ambience of the 1920s in our hotel bar. Enjoy the seasonal and creative Swiss cuisine - home-style cooking at the highest level in our restaurant. And, spend the night with comfort and flair. The rooms are equipped with twin or double beds, en-suite bathroom/shower, toilet, radio, telephone and flat screen TV. Free outdoor and indoor parking is offered for cars and motorbikes. Should you bring your smartphone with you: there's free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and with every drink in our hotel epi bar.
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Excellent dinner tonight. Service very good extensive menu. I had the veal with mushroom sauce accompanied with Rodri. My wife had a very nice entrecôte cooked perfectly . Good ambience and an altogether very pleasant evening

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 21, 2018

we enjoyed a delightful dinner on a warm late summer night. The menu was plentiful and included many swiss "comfort" food dishes. Service was attentive and prices reasonable. Although no views of lake, we enjoyed and will try again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2018

We ate dinner twice during our week long stay in Vitznau and were not disappointed. The food is varied, but mostly Swiss. However, I did eat the chicken curry and it was excellent! The wine slection was very good as well. I must say that all of the staff went out of their way with excellent service. I hghly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 14, 2018

I have eaten in this restaurant 10 times this year (2018) already and I am never ever disappointed. The Menu is excellent, extensive and always supported by an extra "seasonal" menu, so there is always something new to try.
The quality of the ingredients and presentation are simply stunning. The same care and attention is also paid to the Tagesmenu; menu of the day, which similarly never disappoints.
Service is always extremely high. The restaurant also has an exceptional wine menu. It has wines that are familiar all over the world but also some surprises from Switzerland and Slovakia all of which are to be savoured.
I really cannot recommend the restaurant enough.
Particular favourites of mine are included on the Cordon Bleu Menu, but I must say that the Chef in this Hotel certainly knows how to cook Lamb! Delicious and to my surprise I chose to sample the Liver, which again was raised to a whole new dimension across my tastebuds. Loved it. They also provide a traditional Swiss Fondue. The best place to eat this or any other of the meals is in the very cosy Stübli, unless of course it is a warm summer night, when one really needs to be outside on the delightful Sun Terrace.
Do not hesitate if you are in the area. I have observed that many locals choose to eat here too. That speaks volumes; the Swiss know a good thing when they see it ... or taste it.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2017

the restaurant is in down town vitznau, lake lucerne. it's a very cozy place and the Food is very good, mainly traditionel swiss Food. the wine list is nice and the prices for wine and dine are very much affordable. the staff is very professional and very kind.

Date of visit: August 2017