“Hiking in Little Heidi´s hills”

Hotel Central Residence
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leysin
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We booked one bedroom flat from annex of hotel and we were very satisfied what we got. Of course this wasn´t five star hotel but we got kind service and lot of space 60 square meters. Beds were comfortable and the view fantastic. Also the breakfast was good.From the swimming pool and sauna the view was beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KaijaTanja
There are newer reviews for Hotel Central Residence

Reviewed April 25, 2014

If your looking for a not so expensive hotel, this is it. It has a warm descent sized pool, Amazing VIEW, with sauna (limited 4 people space), hammam (small).
We are a family of 4+1. The beds are not very comfortable, I suspect I got a shoulder sore coming down from Leysin. Room is clean but has a distinct smell that is bordering not pleasant.

Food: They have buffet and a la carte. we have a mix review of the food. Breakfast is standard western European and I cannot complain here (coffee though could be a little better). Dinner was bad on our 1st night (some roast beef with bad lasagna) and the saving grace was they also served Raclette (from Mayen). That raclette was very distinctly good.
Our 2nd dinner night was not too bad. For lunch, we thought of having a "simple" one, we were surprised with how good the burgers were. Superb.
The hotel is a bit dated, rooms have that smell that is not bad perse but each time we get in we notice it.
It has billard table, WIFI is free and EVERYWHERE, fussball table, some computers, lots of free parking, bus stops right in front of the hotel.
For skying, (since we went in spring 2014) I think is not too far. But my daughter were there 2-3 times before and did not have fond memories of the ski slopes. They do have some toboggan activities(?)
We had a nice climb of the mountain, and with a view like that, I would go back to Leysin.

Overall this hotel is has some big pluses and some big minuses making it average....Such a pity because it has a potential.

I also have the impression that it seems to be a favorite for big groups of young people and there was even a huge group of maybe 100 people(?).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Anditso
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. First of all - the view was absolutely spectacular (make sure to book with a mountain view). However, when that is said, the service at the hotel was pretty bad. We didn't have housekeeping for the first days - had to ask a few times before they showed up. After that, again no housekeeping, and when i went to the reception for some toilet paper (!) and told the receptionist (who turned out to be the manager/owner) that we hadn't had housekeeping for some days, she both told me it was impossible, i was lying, some swearing in french and that i would force her to fire the housekeeper - pretty bad taste (furthermore she told me, that she instructed the housekeeping not to clean the rooms if they were messy ?! ). Food is not very good at the hotel - do yourself a favor and buy a baguette or croissant from one of the many local bakeries and skip the breakfast at the hotel. On a practical note, the hotel is located on the top of the valley side, so expect a bit of a hiking/exercise to/from the village - however close to the main lift.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have been only one night with my girlfriend here. I have to say that we got there one hour before check in and they tryed to arrange a room even that at the end we didn't take because it was twin bed and we wanted a double. Thank you very much to the reception guys.

When finaly we got our room It was very cold and the heating system it was off. I we couldn't take a shower until we could turn on the heating and wait a couple of hours.

Rooms look cosy and have a very nice view. We woke up with back pain because the bad quality of the mattress.

Breakfast was fantastic, orange juice, cafe, bread, charcuterie, lots of kind of swiss cheese cereals, all you can eat.

I would suggest this hotel if then change the mattress and give warm rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elCalata
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Just arrrived from leysin it's the best hotel ever . The views are exceptional . The food is mouth watering fit for a queen . Big rooms for family's . Wide access big bath and shower . Dont listen to the bad reviews it nkt real. The hotel is definitely worthy of 5 * in my opinion. Hot swimming pool with a range of other services to choose from. Free wifi you cant go wrong. The shop in the lobby sells anazing things from kids toys, swiss chocs , postcard and stamps , food , drinks , magazines . Fantastic staff very welcoming polite and helpful .

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank jodie123j
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Good: Excellent staff, very kind and helpful. Nice resting area in the lobby (though furniture shows it's age). Good and comfortable restaurant. Very nice pool. Great view from the rooms, most of them facing south. Shuttle to the ski slopes, only 200m away but worthwhile taking it.

Not so good: Restaurant understaffed in high season (New Year). Mattresses and pillows need to be changed. Need to walk back to the hotel from the ski slopes, only 100m but hard when you are very tired or have small kids.

Room Tip: Most rooms face south with stunning views from the city, make sure you get one of them.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gustabmo
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here as part of a coach tour. Please don't let first impressions put you off. From the outside this hotel looks awful but from the moment you step in its a whole different story.
Its like stepping into a Alpine chalet, everything is wooden and it has the warmest feel to it.
I will start with the bad things though there aren't many. Apart from the decor around the hallways which is a bit dated, the rooms are comfortable but could perhaps do with updating a little. Just a lick of paint here and there nothing major. I did have a problem with one of my wall lamps which was hanging off the wall upon arrival. I reported it straight away and they came and fixed it whilst I was at dinner so as not to disturb me.
The food was perhaps a little lacking, options at dinner, two meats, or one meat one fish. 5 options of veg, pasta etc. Only had potato's on one occasion and that was mashed! Good salad selection and nice bread. Puddings were a bit hit and miss and very repetitive. As was the soup which stayed the same for 5 days!! Breakfast consisted of cereals, bread, yoghurt, eggs (soft boiled), cheese and ham, toast, tea, coffee, juices. No pastries here!
Lovely big bathroom, shower over bath, always nice to have the option of a bath. Lovely shower pressure and hot water. The baths are high so a little tricky getting in and out just be careful.
I had 4 beds to choose from! Twin beds and bunk beds! I chose to sleep in the bottom bunk and I have to say it was the comfiest, cosiest bed I have ever stayed in!!
Plenty of storage space, a safe, hairdryer, television with English channels (channel 81+), balcony and amazing views! There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms.
The staff are amazingly helpful and always smiling. The bar area is wonderful to relax in and your made to feel very welcome. Drinks are good prices too.
Unfortunately I did not use the pool or any other amenities but they all looked wonderful. As for location, its amazing. Beautiful views, close to cable car and cog railway. The village is a short stroll down a steep hill! There is a free bus but watch the timings!

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies and great views! a room away from the lifts as early departing groups can b...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank greengem8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leysin
Hotel Le Grand Chalet
#1 of 3 in Aigle
Villa Toscane
Villa Toscane
#17 of 17 in Montreux

Been to Hotel Central Residence? Share your experiences!