Grand Hotel & Centre Thermal
Hotel du Theatre(Yverdon-les-Bains)
TripAdvisor
Hotel de la Source(Yverdon-les-Bains)
La Sablonnaire(Yverdon-les-Bains)
TripAdvisor
L'Hotel de la Prairie(Yverdon-les-Bains)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthermal poolsdirect accesshistorical buildingbreakfast buffet isgone downhillrooms are spaciousfree of chargerelaxing staywithin walking distancebathminibarbusinessbalconylakeessentialsgrandeurswimwear
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I'm not sure I'd ever pay their rates, but the place is nice, people were quite friendly and I loved the food! Swimming pools looked lovely and my colleagues really enjoyed it. It is nice place to stay for two nights, after third night it must be boring. What I didn't like about this hotel was missing free wifi.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chrysophylax_jp
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed there for two nights to do some wellness. The first room we got was horrible, like in a hospital. The second room was ok, but poor for ****+ and so was the bathroom. The TV was rather small and too far away from bed and too low in volume (we were on maximum) - the entertainment system was with rather old movies and horribly overpriced! No free wifi. Minibar was only with water and beer, very small choice.
The restaurant was generally good in quality, but way too overpriced for the size of the portions.
Breakfast buffet was okay, but poor for a ****+ (again).
Service was good and quick, but rather formal (I guess you could expect that from an overpriced, overrated hotel)
Generally: overpriced and does not deserve the ****+. Especially that the wellness does not belong to the hotel (hotel wellness is just one pool indoor and one outdoor)

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank ivobrown
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I spent there 1 night during the honeymoon with my wife and we really enjoyed the stay: nice room (we got upgraded to one in the tower), very friendly people. Pretty good deal including dinner for 2 through smartbox.ch, this way price is ok.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Hotel building is very nice and located about 15 mins walk from yverdon. The food is good but very expensive my evening meal cost £80 just for me. The heated pool is outside and really hot but there were lots of mosquitos around the pool. The hotel has free wifi but is only available at the business centre which is below the bar and has a range of about 10 metres. The only way to get wifi in your room is to pay for it. The last time i stayed at this hotel wifi was free in your room, for business users wifi is essential and i think it should be included in the price of the room. The room safe is tiny, approx 150mm wide, so again if you have a laptop, it wont fit inside. The room also does not have any ironing facilities.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Jas068
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Stayed here with colleagues on a business trip for two nights. Upon arrival, Claudia, working reception, was very welcoming and pleasant. She asked us about our journey and our travel experience. We were also pleased to learn about the natural thermal baths adjoined to the hotel.

I found the staff, especially Claudia, very considerate, helpful, and welcoming. On our first night after arriving late, we were dying of hunger and didn’t feel like crawling into the small town. The kitchen and dining in the hotel closed at 2100, but it was only 2130. Claudia called the chef and extended the kitchen for us to eat. We had a light meal and were appreciative of the extra effort provided by the staff to cater for us three. The food was good, high quality, and quickly delivered.

Overall I was impressed with the hotel and more with our customer service experience by each of the hotel staff. The rooms were large, clean, and of a modern standard. Each room had a free mini bar (two waters and two beers), but did not have free WiFi (in the rooms), which I found surprising. The breakfast was average, the quality of the breakfast food could be improved some. I did, however, appreciate the early breakfast start time of 630.

One of the best parts of the hotel is the direct access to the Thermal Spas (heated pools, saunas, steam rooms, etc.). We enjoyed this every evening after our meetings, which quickly washed away the stress and strains of the day.

I would recommend this hotel to other travellers, mainly business travellers due to the price, and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business