“Lovely hotel with good dependable staff”
Review of Hotel du Theatre

Hotel du Theatre
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is my first visit to Yverdon, The hotel was lovely, felt like I was a guest in a country mansion. The room I was given was refurbished and was modern. The train station is 5 mins away and you are located very close to the centre of town, lots of shops and restaurants. I walked to the lake which is 20 mins. The room did not have air con, but did have large windows and a fan. Breakfast was ok. Staff are extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
taquette, Manager at Hotel du Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you Kish M for your comment. We do appreciate that for your first visit in Yverdon-les-Bains you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel du Theatre. We hope to see you again. Best regards

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Overall it was a comfortable stay for the 5 nights I stayed here.

The staff were extremely helpful at all times, especially on my last night where my alarm had decided to break on me. I scrawled a note asking them to wake me up on the back of a leaflet and they didn't just throw it away without looking at it, which I was quite thankful for.

The hotel when I stayed at it had quite basic amenities, there was no Wifi, which dragged a bit as I was on business and I didn't overly enjoy the breakfast options.

The room itself was very nice, it was large and the bathroom facilities were great. However I did find it a bit of a pain that the bedroom and the bathroom were seperated only by a frosted glass screen that did not actually close. With the two panels of glass it was only possible to actually block about 2/3rd of the gap between the two rooms. Being a lone traveller the privacy aspect of it was not important, though it would have been were I not. The more annoying part of it was that steam from the shower would billow out into the room and dampen things and when doing your business the odor was free to travel into your whole room. Which was unpleasant.

The location is good being a five minute walk from the station, a 15 minute walk to the lake and with plenty of restaurants situated very close.

I think I would pass on this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stevemwh
taquette, Owner at Hotel du Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Sir

Thanks a lot for taking time to give us your opinion. We are glad to see that you had a good stay with us.

Firstly I wish to inform you that we begin this week the renovation of our main building. Then, plenty of things as wifi, breakfast or bathrooms for instance will be reconsidered.
About the wifi: when we created the hotel, we decided to put cables in all rooms for the free internet connexion. Actually, the ipads and smart phones did not properly exist at this point and erveryone could use the cables with laptop. Now things have changed and this is why we now propose to our guests a personal free wifi router for the room. Otherwise, wifi is available in the lobby, breakfast room and terrace.
As we will create a new breakfast room, we will reconsider everything we offer to our guests at breakfast, thank you for having given us your opinion about it.
Concerning the door of your bathroom: all rooms in our garden’s builing are modern and design, which is appreciated by most of our guests. As we care about our guest’s opinion, we wil consider the general opinion about these doors and see if we have to change something on it, as this building is quite new.

Looking forward to welcoming you in another occasion !
Best regards

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We enjoyed our two night stay at this hotel as part of our cycling holiday. It is well appointed, comfortable and conveniently located. The hotel's staff were very helpful and courteous. The outdoor courtyard area was an excellent place to enjoy breakfast or a relaxing drink at the end of day. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but there are plenty of dining options in within walkng distance. The hotel caters for cyclists and this was evident by the number of bikes in the shed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The hotel is within 5 mins walk from the CFF station, turn left, past the information office and it is on your left. The hotel looks as if it was converted from two large houses, there is a difference in height between the two parts of the breakfast room, beware! There is a pleasant frontage to the hotel and a small garden at the rear.The staff were all friendly and helpful, all spoke English. My room was on the top floor at the back so it was quite and I had a good nights sleep. The room had been recently refitted and was compact without being cramped..The breakfast room was pleasant and the selection of items was good. For dinner I was recommended the Restaurant du Chateau in the main square by the Chateau, this is also the main restaurant area. I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner which was served in an unpretentious manner. this restaurant is just over 5 mins walk from the hotel and remember that in Switzerland motorist observe pedestrian crossings!

Room Tip: Try to get a rom at the back although the traffic at the front isn't that bad.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The hotel is very well situated, the description on their web site is quite accurate. The personnel is extremely friendly. I just had some difficulties to sleep at night because the rooms are not sound-proof (I could hear snoring from an adjacent room).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The staff at the hotel were were welcoming, they were extremely helpful in giving us information about the local area and things to do. The rooms were kept extremely clean. The breakfast was delicious with a wide selection of breads, croissants, fruits, yoghurts and cereals. The room was clean however quite small out of date and the bathroom was a wet room - which was difficult at times - however kept very clean. Good location for the town. Would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for one of the new rooms in the extension
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pierre-andré M, Owner at Hotel du Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your quotation. we do appreciate that you stay at us was a success. hope to have than chance to welcome you another time.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed 1 night during a recent business trip. As I was scheduled to arrive after midnight, the reception desk had communicated to me beforehand the door access code and had prepared an envelope with my room key on the desk. Just simple and pragmatic proceeding. The room was clean, of convenient size. Shower cabin = quite original, but good. The hotel is next to a main street, which means that you have some (moderate) traffic noise as of 7am. Free internet access.The only negative point: if you want to have egg for breakfast, you have to cook it yourself in a plastic "egg cup" - which I didn't.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yverdon-les-Bains
Grand Hotel & Centre Thermal
#1 of 4 in Malbuisson
Grand Hotel des Rasses
Grand Hotel des Rasses
#2 of 2 in Sainte-Croix

Been to Hotel du Theatre? Share your experiences!