“Good food but terrible organization”

Wellness Hotel Rossli Weggis
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Weggis
Lausanne
“Good food but terrible organization”
Reviewed August 23, 2008

If you are not a German (or preferably a Swiss German) speaker you may be disappointed in this hotel. All the menus are in German and they are neither translated into English nor French. The waitresses speak English (no French) but cannot translate the menu. The food is good, but the reset -- here is our 4 night stay summary:

- We arrived at 1:30pm had to wait until 2pm. They told us they changed our room. When we arrived in the room, they were still cleaning it -- we waited about 10mins on the balcony. The room was recently redone; *strong* odor of paint; no door on the bathroom (that is the "modern" design -- not very romantic); there were no trash containers; no telephone; the sprinkler system was not functioning (pipes hanging from the ceiling and just capped); no telephone. Finally, the key did not work. They gave us another smaller room without much of a view, similar design (no bathroom door -- do your thing so your partner can see everything), but the room was properly equipped.

As for the pool/sauna -- they do have equipment, it appears that only German speakers get a guided tour and explanation (me -- English and French speaking, nothing). All the signs on the rooms are in German (I never used a sauna, what do I do, cannot read it, no help)

At 3:30pm I ordered a back massage, the appointment was set for 4:30pm, so knowing how to swim, I went out into the rain in their swimming pool until 4:15pm, waited on a lounge chair until 4:30pm, and when to the reception. I was told in these exact words: "You will have to wait 5 minutes. Sit in a chair over there". I waited until a few minutes to 5pm (20-25mins) and saw the nice guided tour and explanation the Swiss Germans were getting (me nothing), so decided to leave. When I finished dressing and was about to leave the English speaking receptionist saw me and asked what I was doing (now 5pm) -- I said that I was leaving because my message was late. She told me my appointment was at 5pm (not only was I stressed waiting for my massage but now I was upset because I was being taken for an idiot). She went and got the responsible who was kind, but they never offered to give me my massage ...

I would never go back to this hotel -- they don't understand what a warm welcome and service means. The only positive thing is that even though the menus are not in English or French, the food was good.

• Liked — Good food
  • Disliked — Everything in German; unpleasant reception and poor service in the SPA
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank kern08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 19, 2003

Excellent hotel located near the Lake all amenities close by Food and service very good very enjoyable few days

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 14, 2003

WE visited Weggis summer 02--stayed at the Wellness Hotel Rossli owned and managed by Herr Nolly- this hotel has it all--out of trafic--yet a few minutes walk to The ferry dock--and the Tourism office for Weggis. he Tourism Ofice was another jewel--they kept us informed of what the next event within this jewel or a village s--and arranged for bike rentals and any bus tourswe wated. weggis is the BEST spot on Lake Lucerne--this we know having ben there on the Lake 3 or 4 summers---The Steamship rides are run with typical wiss precision--and got us around this preciousLake -----The Weggis illage promotes many entertaining events--especially during the summer months--most are FREE--Like the 18 piece Jazz band that just showed up and played in the middle of the street for 4 hours one saturday night in front of the Rossli Hotel----its precious!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Weggis hotels