“Fabulous views and great service”
Review of Hotel du Golf

Hotel du Golf
lymington
“Fabulous views and great service”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

As we visited in low season we were upgraded to a super room with a balcony overlooking the valley , which was a lovely welcome as we had booked a smaller room on the street side. The staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was good and the small spa had a great view.

Room Tip: The valley view with balcony is worth the extra unless you are lucky and get upgraded !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank victoriaLymington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
UK
Reviewed August 29, 2012

A great place to stay.South facing rooms have great views over the valley.We ate in the restaurant for 14 nights,using the set menu.This varied from day to day and an alternative was offered if the main dish did not suit.The variety was excellent and well presented.

Room Tip: South side rooms have a great view and sunny balconies
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangor, Northern Ireland
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a well located good hotel , with fabulous views over the valley below , and very helpful staff.
We ate in the restaurant one night , on a set menu , and it was beautifully presented and very good .
THe spa is bright and pleasant - a pity they didn't put in a pool - it would have been lovely at the end of our walking holiday !
OUr room smelt of cigarettes which was my only complaint. Now I see why some people put a travel candle in their case!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the valley below .
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bize-Minervois, France
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We only used the hotel terrace for lunch on this occasion but it is a most impressive building and the facilities are excellent. Lunch was first class and the service excellent. The views are superb.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I chose this hotel due to its location for a recent spring visit. The room was clean and spacious with a wonderful valley view. The staff were warm and friendly, particularly when they found out I was from NZ; several staff had recently had a great visit to Queenstown. Not surprisingly at this time of the year, the hotel was fairly empty and thus lacked the atmosphere that I am sure exists in peak seasons. Several other guests were very friendly and in each case were long time regular visitors who loved the hotel. The breakfasts in the off-season were OK but not worth writing home about, but drinks on the deck on a sunny day is special.

Room Tip: It is worth requesting a larger room with valley views.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Perfectly located in the heart of Villars sur Ollon, the four star Hotel du Golf is good at any time of year, and especially good value between the end of the ski season and the start of summer. We booked ahead and were offered a 20% reduction on a room and breakfast for three nights (01-04 May 2012), with use of the Spa—normally CHF 50-60 per day—included. Effective WiFi is available throughout the hotel, but it’s one of those systems that may require re-setting your connection for outgoing mail from a mail client. Receiving mail on two different mail clients was straightforward.
We were allocated Room 201 at the south end of the building; one of only two rooms with a wrap-around balcony on two sides of the room, affording views of the Dents du Midi across the valley, and the mountains to the south. All rooms are large, with spacious bathrooms en suite, a safe and minibar. All aspects of the accommodation are to a very well maintained, high standard.
The only slight drawback was that, although a generous buffet breakfast was included, the restaurant was closed to occasional guests at other times of day—though dinner was served to groups. However, this was no problem as there are several restaurants in the village, two of which are almost opposite the hotel. Our preference was for the Rotisserie des Alpes, where we dined each night. Their menu, winelist and service were all first class.
If you just want to sample Swiss hospitality in the most economic way possible, the Hotel du Golf is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony facing the Dents du Midi
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Last year I had a chance to visit Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland. I blindly booked a room at Hotel du Golf. That I hit the jackpot is an understatement. A smiling, courteous staff greeted me and I was in my room within no time. The front desk manger was kind enough to give me a complimentary upgrade to the valley view room, By the time I came down for dinner, I found out that the restaurant was closed for the night. That was no problem since I had my dietary restrictions. Once again the front desk manager was cooperation personified. We both went to the kitchen, and he helped me prepare a meal.
The room was extremely comfortable. The bath room was spacious and well laid out. I enjoyed the soak in the king size tub. Excellent choice of toiletries, I must say. The complimentary breakfast was fabulous. My only regret was that I just had one day there as it was a business trip and I had to move on. Before my check out I had wanted certain information, and again the front desk obliged me to the extent that he used his personal cell phone to make calls to get me the information I required. Undoubtedly the best stay I ever had in a hotel. the dates of my visit were probably 8th-9th May, 2011.

Room Tip: Choose a room with valley view, it is fantastic.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank zulufire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villars-sur-Ollon
Chalet RoyAlp Hotel & Spa
Residence Panorama Villars
Residence Panorama Villars
#6 of 8 in Villars-sur-Ollon
Hotel Le Grand Chalet

Been to Hotel du Golf? Share your experiences!