“Perfect hospitality.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Kfar Saba Israel
“Perfect hospitality.”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

After a long day walking in the Les Chaux, we returned to Villar sur Ollon and walked into Le Gourmandibe, starving hungry. Very Interesting decor with the famous cuckoo clock. We ate a delicious meal, warm hospitality and most important drank tea infusion from the most interesting tea cup and pot. This is something I would love to find before I leave. After a misunderstanding in what I ordered, instead of making me feel bad, immediately a new meal was made. This is what I call perfect service with a smile. The menu has something for everyone. Specialty include rosti, fondue and Crepes. I highly recommend.

Visited December 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Staff, Atmosphere, and Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This little resturant has a lovely atmosphere and very friendly staff happy to chat and to serve you. Was very impressed by the service. We had Fondue which was a good Fondue, a little pricey but in fairness it was in line with the cost of the other places in town. Local Swiss white wine which was a bit expensive

The cafe gourmande for dessert was excelant, best yet.

I enjoyed the evening I had in this place and would reccomend it.

• Visited September 2013
Milan, Italy
“Best creperie!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I've been to La Gourmandine for 15 years and it has always striked me because its food was always incredibly tasty. The crepes I have eaten here over the years, and most recently a few days back, are of the highest quality and are the best ones I have ever eaten.

The staff is always friendly and heplful, the atmosphere really cozy, and now with the external seating queues are quite rare, even for a place which is always crowded.

Definitely recommended to anyone who visits Villars!

• Visited August 2013
UK
“Lovely atmopshere - a little expensive”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This restaurant was one of the few open in the evenings during our visit. It has a very rustic atmosphere – with the owner’s family around it felt like a real family enterprise. Drinks were quite pricey – but the food was very nice and served professionally. I would imagine that in the winter season, this place is extremely busy as it is right by the train station and would catch a lot of passing trade.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great but pricey!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went to this restaurant on two consecutive evenings - the first as an adult foursome and the following evening as six adults and four kids.
The standard fondues and raclette were above average and the seafood tagliatteli that I had was excellent as was my starter mushrooms. One of our party had roesti which he said was average for the area but not sure how much of an expert he is!
The restaurant is run by a Portuguese couple, as several restaurants in Villars seem to be, with the wife cooking and the husband serving - both charming whether serving adults only or families.
The place is small but cosy and the service was good on both evenings although the restaurant was not full.
We had an excellent white wine called Clos de Crosex and the Hedonix Rose was also good. The crepes were fine except that my Grand Marnier had more marmalade that licquor.
Our only complaint would be the price but may be that is standard for a decent restaurant in this area. One thing I would do if ever we went again is insist on jugs of water rather than bottles. At SF9.50 for a bottle of still or sparkling, tap water from a Swiss mountain stream would have been far more economical.

• Visited May 2013