Central Hotel Verbier
Hotel Bristol Verbier(Verbier)(Great Value!)
$183
$183
$178
Orbitz.com
$113
Hotel de L'union(Orsieres)(Great Value!)
$102
  • Restaurant
Hotel Terminus(Orsieres)(Great Value!)
$96
$141
All reviewswould highly recommend this hotelname suggestsgreat locationmini bara great staymusic festivalper nightmain liftski triptbarnoiseskiingemailingmountainsjacuzzislopesvenues
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Thanks Simon and team for your outstanding hospitality during our stay at Verbier. The breakfast down stairs in the T- Bar was one of the best we had during our time in Europe. I highly reccomend this place to anyone!! Thankyou Simon, we will be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We thoroughly recommend this hotel. Great location and well appointed rooms and nice bathrooms. Beds comfortable and lovely having a bath with a view of the mountains.
The staff are really helpful and welcoming. Breakfast is excellent. Coffee also which is a big plus.
I was unwell on our checkout day and needed to rest while the others skied. The owner and housekeeper were really helpful and as our room was booked with incoming guests I couldn't stay in there. So instead they moved me to our friends room which wasn't booked for that night, and they did the room cleaning on that room later on.
This is a hotel we would all return to.

Room Tip: Suggest a room on levels 2 or 3 if you are not a party person as level 1 would be a bit noisier. We had rooms on levels 2 and 3 and noise level was fine.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PHH223
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is in an ideal spot right in the centre of the town. Everything is to hand and the main ski lifts are a short walk away. We stayed in a standard double which wasn't overly big but perfectly adequate for a couple. Very nice bathroom with very good fittings. There is a small public lounge area with water, coffee sweets etc to hand.The staff are extremely friendly and helpful - we felt very welcome.

It is a small hotel but despite that it has a busy and popular Bar downstairs. They serve continental breakfast here for the hotel guests - great coffee! Later in the day it gets very busy and had a really nice crowd in while we were there. On Saturday night they had a live singer who was really good.

I would definately stay here if returning to Verbier - a first class place but quite reasonable when you look at what you can pay down there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martinwilliams10
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Loved this hotel..
Modern, clean, and close to everything. Ski hire next door, and an awesome bar downstairs.
Travelling with kids not always easy, but this hotel has spacious rooms with bunks, which fit our family of four in comfortably.
The bar below the hotel had a great continental breakfast, and made the whole family feel welcome.
The food in the Bar was the best I ate on the mountain.. the Mexican panini was worth the visit alone! washed down with a pint of heinikin after a ski on the finest powder runs Ive seen was just awesome. Everryone spoke English too!

Room Tip: Get the bunks for the kids
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am a well versed traveler, I am fussy to say the least. The Central Hotel Verbier showed me how easy it is to please when the only answer to my questions was 'yes of course we can help'!

Unlike chain or large hotels, the Central Hotel in Verbier made me feel at home, made me feel very welcome and as if each of the staff both in the hotel and at the famous TBar below had known me all my life.

The hotel itself has everything one needs in a 3 star hotel, the service and some aspects of the hotel were more like a 5 star.

I loved that the lounge/reception area (whilst small) was a place I could make myself a cup of tea to my liking, and at no extra costs, there were also biscuits and a smiley Simon and Iona to greet me whilst chatting about the coming days events.

Breakfast took place down in the TBar, the staff there were amazing too, the breakfast itself was lovely, continental breakfast, with a variety of breads, some pastries, cereal, boiled eggs, yoghurt, ham, cheese and smiley staff to chat about where there favourite ski spot is or what happened in the TBar last night after I went up to bed.

I noted that I could be in trouble as there was a specific warning about noise I might hear from the TBar, when I saw earplugs on my pillow I thought ouch, this could be bad, but it wasn't, I ventured down to the TBar and was pleasantly surprised as to a great atmosphere, some live music was on, Faye was fabulous, she seemed to know everyone and sang some tunes with which I quietly sang along, but by the end of the set I was singing rather loudly and had made some nice friends even with my awful voice. All in all the TBar proved to be a great night out, I do admit I stayed till after midnight and once I went up to the hotel my head hit my pillow and I slept like a baby.

The first morning when I awoke it was snowing, I opened up my balcony door and there was pure white magic all over Place Centrale, it was so pretty, and looking down to the valley I felt pretty lucky to be staying in Verbier, and felt I had picked the right hotel.

Just a few things about the hotel itself:

my room was perfect for me, it had a flat screen tv, double bed, it might have been queen size actually, the heating was as if I was in Thailand and after going skiing that is indeed welcome. The bath was a jacuzzi bath, which again after skiing was fabulous. There was a separate toilet from the bathroom. There was plenty of room in the cupboard to store my clothes. The mini bar was basic and at prices the same as the supermarket across the road.

There was a ski locker that was heated so I could leave my cold wet ski boots and gloves to get all toasty for the next days adventure, the locker had an access code so everything was safe.

The position of the hotel was perfect, you could either walk up to Medran (ski lift) or catch the bus one stop across the road. Literally you fell out the door and were in the centre of town, I counted 10 different restaurants within a 2 minute walk!

On my departure I was going skiing for the day and when I returned Simon asked if I would like to freshen up before heading down the hill, they had a guest bathroom for just that, so I was able to shower, dry my hair and feel like a new human being, though somewhat sad to be departing such a great place.

Verbier is indeed a bubble as the locals call it, I just hope that bubble never bursts, and if you ever get the pleasure to go visit I can highly recommend the Central Hotel and TBar in Verbier.

Happy travels:-)

Room Tip: A top tip is to make sure you get a room with a south facing balcony so you can enjoy the amazing view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo