“Best location and luxury!!”
Review of W Verbier

W Verbier
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Verbier
Ottershaw, United Kingdom
“Best location and luxury!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

W Hotels are renown for their luxury, so with this having been opened 2 months before we stayed, we expected amazing things!

Firstly, you couldn't get a better location, a few metres from the gondolas and at the bottom of a red run! The ski hire is opposite as well, perfect location wise!

On arrival the staff were great, we had 9 rooms booked for 10 people, as it was a work event, but we were all checked in quickly, and although the room I was sharing with a colleague (the only room we'd booked that wasn't single occupancy) wasn't ready until 2-3 hours after we arrived. No problem though, we were early arrivals so weren't expecting any rooms to be ready really!

We ate at the cafe next to the boot room for lunch, which was quick and tasty.

When we got into the room later, we were in a Spectacular on the first floor, accessed in the main building but overlooked the rear (had to go down in the lift from the main floor to get to the first floor). The balcony was very large and had a seating area and the gondola going down to the village further down the valley quietly ran overhead. The room was big, very well appointed and had the main (open) bathroom, with the bath in the middle and the shower with the glass screen! But there was also a smaller shower room in the separate sleeping area nearer the door. The shower room was set up for disabled access and the first attempt at having a shower (which just has a curtain and a powerful spray) resulted in the entire floor becoming a pool and having to use all the towels to prevent the flood making it's way into the main room! There was a sliding door to separate the main room from the smaller sleeping area. I must say, thought this a little odd in set up, as the single sleeping platform/bed is more like a cot, but ample enough for me (5' 8/174cm), however for the cost of the room, if you're two friends sharing, one's getting a queen sized double, the other's getting a single in a corner!

As others have said, the fireplaces (snow melters) don't work, but it's not a massive issue! The rest of the room is excellent enough! I did visit another colleagues room, the rest we had booked were Cozy rooms and they are similar to the Spectacular but slighter smaller. The Bluetooth stereo is a nice touch as well!

We ate two nights in the hotel and I have to say, the food was fantastic! Cooked perfectly, presentation was gorgeous and tasted amazing!! We also went into Carve, the nightclub on the Tuesday night, disappointing... It was empty apart from 11 of us, and the female DJ wouldn't play anything we wanted to hear (in keeping with the type of club) and was thoroughly miserable!

The boot room was well organised and staff were helpful, even though massively busy! All the staff throughout the hotel were polite, courteous and helpful!

Overall, I'd recommend the W, in fact would quite like to go back in a summer season as the hiking would be amazing!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank louisamaskell
Pierre-Henri B, General Manager at W Verbier, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Hello louisamaskell,
Thank you for your detailed review regarding your recent stay at W Verbier. We were delighted to hear that you had a great moment with us.
I have taken note of your remarks regarding the Carve and your guestroom; please accept my apologies and be sure that I will follow up on with the relevant Departments.
We were very pleased to read your kind comments concerning our Talent, our cuisine, our Ski Room and W Café, we will share these with our Team. It is our Talent that create memorable experiences and truly make our hotel a great place.
We look forward to welcoming you again at W Verbier this Summer.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've recently returned from a long weekend at the W Hotel Verbier. I have never stayed in a W hotel before and was worried that for me, it may be style over substance. We were very lucky with the weather which was stunning throughout our stay making the terrace off the bar a great place for a drink after skiing! Our room was good, had a wonderful view and the only thing I missed was a good long soak after a day's skiing but the massive shower made up for it. The staff were stand out for me and I stay in a lot of hotels. Really well trained and very attentive especially Miguel the concierge and the staff in the ski room. The bar staff were great too, very attentive and the only time I felt my age was with the DJ's choice of music!! I look forward to returning to Verbier and to staying at the W.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pierre-Henri B, General Manager at W Verbier, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hello Cherry W,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience about your recent stay at W Verbier. We were thrilled to hear that you had such an amazing time with us. What pleases us the most is your kind comments regarding our Talent.
Whatever/Whenever is our promise at W, so we will be sure to share comments with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you once again at W Verbier.
Warm regards,
Singapore
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The W Verbier is such a beautiful property and had a great experience staying for a total of 3 nights. It is a great location and you are right at the center of the action in Verbier. I was there during the winter season and you see the slopes where skiers come down right in front of the hotel entrance. They also have an awesome bar there to entertain the skiers and the red-hair female DJ played great music all day. The hotel has there bar inside the lobby as well, good variety of drinks and got to sit outside enjoying the sun. The bartender made the drinks we requested even though it was not on the menu; Gingertini. Wow, so tasty.
The room was very comfortable just a little disappointed the fireplace was not working. But overall the stay was great and hopefully get a chance to visit their Club next time.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to young couples who like to find out what's hip and happening in Verbier.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SM M
Hello SM M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It’s great to hear that you had such an amazing stay with us.
I understand your disappointment regarding our fireplace; please accept my sincere apologies for that.
We look forward to welcoming you to cross the line once again at W Verbier.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The W Verbier was a fantastic experience for me and my family visiting from the States. I am a transplant from NYC, now living in Switzerland and have stayed at several W properties in the states. The W Verbier was a cut above, luxurious vacation spot for us to stay as a family. My family was a little concerned about having young kids (7 and 9 yrs) staying at the “fancy” W, but I must say, my nieces were 2 of many other kids staying at the W and were very welcomed.

Just for perspective, I’ve stayed in many 5 star resorts and what I loved about the W Verbier was the people. The receptionists were friendly, had our luggage transferred to our rooms, skis stored and were able to give us a late checkout. The ski room workers were the BEST, they gave us suggestions on the best places to ski with such warm weather conditions, and helped get my young nieces into their boots every morning and out of them every evening. The servers in the Living Room recognized us each day for après ski as we played a couple hands of UNO over cocktails, munchies and Shirley Temples. The concierge on site offered great suggestions for places to eat outside of the W and the Whatever/Whenever concierge was in touch with me via email to plan the trip weeks before our visit.

We will be back!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for help with rooms. I spent an hour on the phone with reservations making...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Pierre-Henri B, General Manager at W Verbier, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hello smig_ny !
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience on your recent stay at W Verbier. It’s wonderful to learn that you spent such a great stay. We were so happy to have you and your family as our guests.
Our Talent are always ready to provide Whatever/Whenever. It’s our promise. We look forward to welcoming you again at W Verbier.
Stay tuned.
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

My stay at the W hotel in Verbier,wasn't a good or bad experience. These are a few things that shocked me the most: at 8:30 a drill woke me up from the floor above,personally,I think it's a bit early! The promised fireplace wasn't working! The swimming pool should be heated outside,the shower in the changing room was terrible all the shampoo was everywhere! The housekeeping only cleaned the room,they didn't put new towels,tissues or toilet paper.
These things I liked about the hotel:
The hotel was next to the cable car. It was next to a slope so you could go down. The staff were nice and friendly. The choice of what you could have for breakfast was great. The terrace outside was good. The hotel had a shuttle car. Nice people were around !!! The interior of the room was nice.

Although my stay wasn't great,I would still like to thank you the staff of the hotel. I will come back and hope that the hotel will be much better than in Winter 2014-2015.
Thank you.

Stayed February 2014
Hello Lizun,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay at W Verbier.
I have taken note of your remarks regarding our fireplace; please accept my sincere apologies for that.
Please be sure that I will follow up on the items with our Engineering and Style Department. The pool temperature is 30 degrees; however, the outside portion might be a little cooler as the exterior temperature is lower than inside.
We are very pleased to read your kind comments concerning our Talent, our Spa, our breakfast and our rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you again at W Verbier and hope to be of Whatever / Whenever service to you on many occasions in the future.
Glasgow
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

World class service
Fantastic food
Wonderful rooms
Spectacular views

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at in one of the most luxurious locations !

WILL DEFINITELY BE COMING BACK

Can't wait to return in April for round 2 of the w hotel :)

LR

• Stayed March 2014
Hello LR !
Thank you for sharing this Fabulous review!
We look forward to having you back here in April to carve your mark once again in the Swiss Alps.
Stay tuned.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I am a big Fan of W Hotels, was in many of them and very sassy about the concept. I wanted to have a proper Escape, so W Verbier was a perfect location. My conclusion: it the BEST ski resort. Location is a dream. You can ski down strait to OFF PISTE Apres ski bar. Then design is cozy and modern.

I would like to say that Vladimir (Ambassador) took a very nice care of me, he was almost like W Insider giving me tips about hotspots in the town and mountains.

Panos was very gentle with the help of closing boots at ski room.

Girl at SPA was very nice and with her smile your mood goes up.

Sachi is incredible talent, very kind but still very responsible. I still wait when she will add me on facebook, because with such a smart girl you always want to stay in touch.

And of course Manager of Welcome Office and Whatever/Whenever - Marco!!!!! He was very nice and showed me all the main room types, Away Spa, FIT (GYM), nightclub, and restaurant. You could feel W Vibe from him, he monitor perfect service and always smile. He is everywhere! You have a great team with respectful leaders.

Thank you for fantastic W Verbier experience!

Have a marvelous one,

Valentina Baytina (ex-W Insider of W St. Petersburg)

Defiantly considering to come back this year for my new years and my birthday with friends! Place to be!

PS. MUST: In Living Room try W FEVER cocktail, very interesting composition of mint, lime, mint and vodka.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Valentina B
Pierre-Henri B, General Manager at W Verbier, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello Valentina!
It was great to have you here with us. Thank you for sharing this amazing feedback. It’s a pleasure for me and my team to read your words.
Whatever/Whenever is our promise and our passion !
We look forward to welcoming you to cross the line once again at W Verbier.
Stay tuned,