TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Verbier Summits - Paragliding XC Course and Accommodations

I attended Verbier Summits paragliding XC Course for a week in September. Their professional... read more

Reviewed October 7, 2019
chrisjette
Charlottetown, Canada
Excellent thermalling course.

Brilliant! The most professional, friendly and enjoyable paragliding centre I have been to. I did... read more

Reviewed September 20, 2019
tobyb427
Crondall, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews tandem flight two weeks ground school these guys take offs flying high thanks mike chocolate box exhilarating experience views are amazing main landing flying skills flying school long review absolutely great experience swiss alps excellent instruction
Selected filters
Reviewed March 26, 2016

My snowboarding trip to Switzerland was fraught with obstacles and challenges, and on my final day I was blessed to have enjoyed this experience. This was by far, the highlight of my Swiss trip. Mike was able to accomodate my last minute booking - I phoned at 10:30am, and was strapped up on the slopes at 4pm. It was all arranged easily over the phone via credit card. The flight itself is exhilarating - you don't need to be an adrenaline junkie to appreciate this - it's serene - it's sailing after all. I don't mind a little craziness, and my flight guide did three sets of tricks and flips, which were out of this world! Would highly recommend this to anyone, particular if the snow is non-existent. The pictures and videos we purchased topped it off, and bring back fantastic memories.

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

Stu and Mike were so helpful in helping me organise a surprise paraglide for my boyfriend whilst he is on a ski season. I was in the UK and it was all sorted out smoothly and efficiently despite being in different countries! Couldn't fault them - thank you :)

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed March 4, 2016

Outstanding in every respect. Those were the words of recommendation I was given and I can’t think of a better description.

I did a thermaling course as a fresh-faced 'Club Pilot' and had such a good time I went back later in the year for more. Mike, Stu and Theunis were always full of infectious enthusiasm and are commensurate professionals. For thermaling our take-offs were coached and critiqued before our guide Theunis caught us up and lead us off on adventures. With only a handful of us in the air the personal in-air coaching over the radio from right by my wingtip gave fantastic learning. This was backed up with some excellent classroom theory and I have really seen the benefit of both in my subsequent flying. All of the instruction and coaching was first class and they were super safety conscious at all times. Add to that beautiful scenery, a mix of flying from thermaling among the peaks and glaciers to ridge-soaring the forest slopes plus great camaraderie among all the flyers and Verbier Summits is hard to top.

On the practical side booking was super easy and Mike and Stu are a pleasure to deal with by email with quick responses and super helpful replies to my questions. We stayed in the village of Le Chable in the valley bottom below Verbier – easily accessible from Geneva airport by train. The inclusive accommodation is first class – a mix of well-appointed apartments and beautiful chalets nearby. The cable car is a 5 minute walk from the accommodation and a 2 short hops has you looking down on Verbier from the main take off in no time. Pass costs were included in the course price. The main landing area is large and friendly and you can fly for hours around the valley and peaks with the comfort of knowing it is still within gliding distance. A super quick minibus ride has you back at the cable car station so 3-5 flights a day are possible without breaking into a sweat. For a fresh CP, if it isn't thermic the 15min top-to-bottom gives plenty of time to consolidate your flying skills and try new things under instruction. At one point I logged over 12 hours in only a couple of days, with flights of several hours at a time.

The local area is mountain bike and hiking heaven and the local community is making an effort to add things to draw people in outside the ski season. On a rare bad weather day with no-one needing any classroom time, Mike and Theunis took everyone on a day hike to the mountain hut perched on the edge of the Corbassiere Glacier which made for a spectacular and memorable day out. I should add no-one among our groups was expecting this of them and it added another great memory of the place and the people.

I’ve enjoyed every minute – great people, great learning, great flying, great accomodation, great place. Can’t wait to go back!

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed February 7, 2016

Mike and Stu are brilliant, I was a wee bit nervous but being totally professional the butterflies disappeared. It's an incredible experience to see Verbier from this height so much so I am totally considering a course with them and making it my summer sport!

They also helped to make it a very special day so thank you Mike and Stu for being so accommodating.

My recommendation to any one in Verbier, book with Verbier Summits it is an experience not to missed.

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed January 16, 2016

We had a great time at Verbier Summits. Since I work in a part of the world that is too far for my mom to travel to, I decided to go some place where we could both do what we like; she could hike and I took my initial flying courses! It worked out great as mom would come in the van up the mountain and hike down, and I would fly down.
We had an full pension I believe; great food; great people; great time!!!

Date of experience: August 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction