Tripadvisor
Verbier
Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Perfect in every way

Absolutely amazing experience, would recommend to anyone, tourists and people who are there for the... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
HerbieTheBoopySnek
Such an amazing experience!

My wife and I recently got back from Verbier where we had an absolute blast doing tandem... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
JonL71789

All reviews tandem flight ground school these guys two weeks take offs flying high an amazing experience the entire experience thanks mike flying skills flying school long review swiss alps an absolute pleasure second to none great holiday learn how
Selected filters
Reviewed February 7, 2016

Mike and Stu are brilliant, I was a wee bit nervous but being totally professional the butterflies disappeared. It's an incredible experience to see Verbier from this height so much so I am totally considering a course with them and making it my summer sport!

They also helped to make it a very special day so thank you Mike and Stu for being so accommodating.

My recommendation to any one in Verbier, book with Verbier Summits it is an experience not to missed.

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed January 16, 2016

We had a great time at Verbier Summits. Since I work in a part of the world that is too far for my mom to travel to, I decided to go some place where we could both do what we like; she could hike and I took my initial flying courses! It worked out great as mom would come in the van up the mountain and hike down, and I would fly down.
We had an full pension I believe; great food; great people; great time!!!

Reviewed December 14, 2015

Mike & Stu at Verbier Summits, as well as their team are extremely positive, friendly and helpful, and very good teachers. This makes flying with them very enjoyable and relaxing and it's like being part of a big familiy. I have flown with several other paraglider operations, but only one comes close to Verbier Summits in any areas. Our family have enjoyed many visits to VS and we will return again. VS's focus on safety is also appreciated.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed December 10, 2015

I had never tried paragliding, but my partner told me I should experience it and anyway she had my life insurance.

So we took my 9 year old daughter to Verbier and booked a course with Verbier summits. We were met off the train at Le Chable by 'The Twins' who whisked us off to our accommodation. Switzerland in the summer is stunning, snow covered slopes had given way to dark emerald forested slopes with the vibrant green of the flower filled meadows.

The accommodation was amazing; chocolate box Switzerland on the outside, (leaving my daughter feeling like an extra in the Sound of Music). Whilst inside the rooms were luxuriant, warm and cosy as befits one of the most affluent skiing resorts in the Alps.

Every morning the whole group, a dozen or so of us, met at the coffee bar below our accommodation and excitedly chatted about the day ahead. The lecture room is next door where we did our classroom sessions on wings, flying, weather and safety. There are no half measures here, the classroom sessions were comprehensive and followed the curriculum in our flight books.

Then it was ground school. This was great fun and absolutely exhausting. Inflate your wing like pulling up a huge kite then running down the slope to maintain it above your head. The first time my feet left the ground, for just a few seconds, the feeling of exhilaration was amazing. I'm 45 and whooped like a teenager.

After this and more safety briefs, I was ready for my first flight. Our group jumped into the company vans and were driven up the mountain. As we stepped out, nearly a kilometre below us was the landing field.

Flights are strictly regulated, with instructors on take off communicating via radio with other instructors covering the flight and the approach to the landing field. You are never alone in the air as each instructor reassures you and guides you to the next point.

And at last it was my turn. I looked down a slope so steep I'd normally descend it on my backside, inflated my wing as I'd been taught and stepped forward, and five steps later the ground fell away and I drifted out over a valley that looked from my vantage like a giant patchwork quilt of fields. The only sound was the thumping of my heart in my ears and the whoosh of the wind as it caressed my face. I was flying. I recall the scene from 'The Snowman' taking the boy by the hand and lifting him above the rooftops and out over the valleys in that night sky. There is no better way to describe the freedom, the quiet and the feeling, than those lines and that music, ''we are walking in the air".

All too soon I was being guided in to the landing field, I'd love to say I landed with the elegance of a swan, but it was more with the inevitability of a cowpat.

However as soon as I'd gathered my wing and walked over to the other members of the waiting group, I just wanted to do it again and again. I've caught the bug, now everywhere I go I look up.

I cannot fault the enthusiasm, professionalism and sheer joy that Verbier Summits staff express in sharing Switzerland and this sport with others. The accommodation, equipment and camaraderie were fantastic.

If you are going to fly, fly with eagles..... as Verbier Summits are masters of the air and I'm already booking my next trip.

1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed December 10, 2015

My 4 th trip to Verbier Summits in as many years , a testament to the enjoyable time my friends and I always have in the great company of Verbier Summits and their team . A high adrenaline filled week under the watchful guidance of Stu and Mike. Such a beautiful location and with beautiful accommodation included at La Ruinette, it will always be a repeat vacation. id would recommend to all who are looking for a great new experience in such a wonderful country, Already m looking forward to next year to have some high flying fun back in a place that feels like home .