“There is no place like Farinet!”
Review of Hotel Farinet

Hotel Farinet
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Verbier
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“There is no place like Farinet!”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have travelled in more than 35 countries and visited the most amazing 5 star hotels but nothing compares to Farinet. This is the place where I cannot wait to return and I will, again and again / hopefully. The heart and soul of this hotel is the staff > Stephanie, Jeancharles, Simon and Andy to mention few who have made our stays unforgettable. Cannot praise you enough! No doubt Farinet has the best afterski in the world, but it is not only the partying that brings us back. The rooms are ultimate cozy with romantic ski getaway feel, the terrace of the room looking over the central roundabout of Verbier bathes in the late afternoon sun and location, location, location is just unbeatable - just get up and go skiing. The boys in the lounge shake you the best cocktails in the town, the ladies in the reception help you with anything you have in mind and there are sometimes nice surprises waiting you in the room like free drink tickets or little bars of chocolate. It is hard to explain the charm of Farinet and you certainly better be certain type of person to understand it - stiff, boring and high maintenance types should not bother... Farinet is the ultimate hotel for fun loving people, who work hard, play hard and love hard. I have my best holidays ever while staying in Farinet and I cannot recommend it enough. Just do not expect to have quiet boring time there. And certainly do not complain about the party next room - instead join it! 5 star atmosphere and highest recommendations all the way. See you next year guys!

Room Tip: If you can afford reserve one of the bigger rooms on 3rd floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annuska W
NaomiFarinet, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Farinet, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Thank for your comments regarding your stay with Hotel Farinet. We are now under new ownership but take the comments of previous guests very seriously, to ensure that we do not change the great things that make Hotel Farinet what it is.
We would like to invite you to come and join our new team in our newly renovated hotel and bar. Please contact me personally on naomi@lefarinet.com for prices and availability.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Geneve
Reviewed January 30, 2012

If you want to go to bed early and a quite place, chose another hotel or chose another ski resort than !!!. If you want a great after ski, great parties, central location, cosy bedrooms with Swiss athmosphere and delicious breakfast the hotel Farinet is THE place. We loves it, and greatly recommend

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with Hotel Farinet. We are now under new ownership and are taking on board comments that previous customers have made, in particular regarding the noise levels from the bar. We have now spent £1 million on sound proofing to minimise the noise levels in the hotel and taken out the rooms on the first floor and created a fantastic new breakfast room for guests.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Not only is the hotel in the centre of the vollage, but it is also super cosy and comfortable for a very reasonable price. Staff is friendly and helpful. I heard there is alot of noise at night, but as I was downstairs at the party it didn't keep me from sleeping :-) Very young sporty crowd - perfect for a group of friends who want to have fun!

Room Tip: I ahd the most basic and it was very nice
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank D B
Thank for your comments regarding your stay with Hotel Farinet and great to hear you spent most of your time enjoying yourself!
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Farinet has a perfect location in the middle of Verbier. The rooms are nice and modern. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was excellent. If you like to party there is a nice hotelbar, lounge and nightclub in the building. We were very satisfied.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with Hotel Farinet and we are sorry your sleep quality was not as good as it should have been. We are now under new ownership and are taking on board comments that previous customers have made, in particular regarding the noise levels from the bar. We have now spent £1 million on sound proofing to minimise the noise levels in the hotel and taken out the rooms on the first floor and created a fantastic new breakfast room for guests.
Vienna
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I´ve choosen Hotel Farinet as as a single traveller I needed a central hotel. The Farinet was absolutely perfect! Staff was extremely friendly. I arrived quite late which was no problem. Room had a good atmosphere and the balcony faced the main square of town. Therefore I was fully involved in what happened. I stayed there during the Verbier festival and on the main square there where many free performances which I enjoyed from my balcony with a glass of champagne in my hand.
Breakfast was wonderful. Coffee and fruit salad where fresh and the Bircher muesli was superb!
I needed to check out quickly in the morning as my bus left early but this was no problem.
I cannot understand the noise problem that other people complaint about. I had a perfect sleep and did not hear anything from the bar downstairs!
Next time I´m staying in Verbier I will surely stay in the Farinet again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ABC2412
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with Hotel Farinet. We would love to invite you to come and join our new team in our newly renovated hotel and bar. Please contact me personally on naomi@lefarinet.com for prices and availability.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2011

The location of the hotel in the center of Verbier is excellent. The staff was very friendly and I would give a star for the breakfast buffet and the food at ‘The Lounge’, the hotels lounge bar. The hotel is one of the hippest places in Verbier and a great place for party people.
Sure, the hotel state in the overview that music from the hotels after ski, lounge bar and night club can travel through the walls. It certainly does, and if you are planning on staying awake past 1am this is the hotel for you. Ear plugs are provided by the hotel in the room upon arrival.
Even if the breakfast buffet was great you are eating the breakfast in the ‘Lounge Bar’ and you can undoubtedly smell alcohol from the night before. Can’t say that is the first thing you would like to smell early in the morning before you are hitting the sloops.
Even if the staff managed to adjust the radiator the room was extremely hot throughout my stay. Opening the balcony door on the first floor means you are opening the door to a public balcony you share with 6 other rooms. During the times after ski is in progress you literary bring the party in to your room and taking a rest is impossible keeping the balcony door open in the afternoon.
Sure the room I stayed at was cozy, but small and very dark. Even the lighting in the bathroom was not enough and shaving etc. became complicated when it was difficult to see.
For what you get the price staying at this hotel for one week is brutally overpriced. However, if you are 20-30 years old and your trip to Verbier is to party, this is a great hotel. For someone traveling for the mountains and wish to be up early, be aware you might find it hard to sleep.

• Stayed March 2011
Thank for your comments regarding your stay with Hotel Farinet. We are now under new ownership and are taking on board comments that previous customers have made, in particular regarding the noise levels from the bar. We have now spent £1 million on sound proofing to minimise the noise levels in the hotel and taken out the rooms on the first floor and created a fantastic new breakfast room for guests. We are in the process of renovating the guest rooms, including improving the lighting and heating to the whole hotel. Our first two renovated rooms will be ready for the 2014/2015 season with the rest of the rooms being renovated during next summer.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Having been to Verbier several times, I must say this Hotel is the best I have stayed in.
The rooms were clean and comfortable and charming, good size with outside space lookingover the town centre. The Hotel is in the heart of the town with a Buzzing Bar and Club down below.
The staff were also great and in particular Stephanie who was fantastic and had couldnt of been more helpful. She change one of our rooms without any fuss. Sorted food out for us and even let us delay our stay a little without any problems.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments about your stay at Hotel Farinet. We are now under new ownership and would like to invite you to come and join our new team in our newly renovated hotel and bar. Please contact me personally on naomi@lefarinet.com for prices and availability.