My wife and myself came for the 2nd time to Wellness & Spa Hotel Ermitage in Schonried. We spent there the week end from 16-17th of June 2012. Before to come back, we decided to wait until the huge renovation process of the Hotel would be fully completed. We booked a Senior Suite type "Saanen" which was located on the 4th floor (Number 414) in the totally new building (the previous building was completely destroyed and rebuilt and 1 more new building was added next to this one).
We were fully satisfied with our Senior Suite, all was new, modern, elegant, with a great balcony, quiet and with very nice view outside. The staff are incredibly friendly, nice and helpful. At no occasion we had to complain about staff attitude or reaction, all was really of high class and very professionnal. The Wellness area, which as also been somehow renovated is really of top class ! There are a huge number of saunas, turkish baths, indoor/outdoor pools, which are just excellent and exceptionnal. This place is really the must to be in order to get relaxation, quiet and peaceful times. Only too much guests around could be disturbing you. This would be my only negative remark, as far as the Management decided to build one more building, increasing then their numbers of rooms/Suites available, it means more clients, more noise, more movements around and a decrease in the peace/quiet/relaxation process that you expect to get when coming in this awesome Hotel, So, my advice will be, avoid high season and week end if possible and try to enjoy more than 1 night (as it is fairly not enough...).
Please also note that minibar is empty, but on request, Hotel will fill it up as per your request.
Also note that most of the saunas/turkish baths rooms are only accessible if being fully nude. In case you are in couples, expect that some other people will be around...
So, to resume the different points that are very good and the ones that could be improved, I will say that :
Positive points :
1) Staff attitude and performance are excellent and of high professionalism.
2) Wellness and Spa area are exceptional and should be the main goal of your stay.
3) A wet towel and cup of champain are offered upon check in.
4) Balcony of Senior Suite is large and very comfortable.
5) Senior Suite are beautiful, clean, confortable, modern and quiet, it really worths the high price !
6) Automatic in-room lighting system in the night, for instance if you wake up in the middle of the night to go to bathroom, a small light will automatically light up to show you the way !
7) Food was very good, however you can not choose in which part of the restaurant you will eat (there are many different rooms, with different styles).
Points to be improved by Hotel Management :
1) Restaurant : tables inside l'Orangerie restaurant are much too close to each others ! You can hardly sit without having to push the person chair located behind you ! Specially if seated next to the windows. It is really missing some privacy, as you are really either disturbing or being disturbed by such proximity of other clients...
2) Check in starts officially at 16:00, it is much too late ! Check out is officially ends at 11:00, it is much too early !!! It should be 14:00 for check in and 12:00 for check out...
3) Restaurant l'Orangerie : no salt, no pepper, no sugar can be found on tables ! You need to ask waiter and to wait for it... Meanwhile your food is cooling down and you may loose patience...
4) There were still a few works in process for the renovation process, so we were facing a not fully terminated phase of renovation...
5) Saunas and turkish baths should not be closed until 12:00, meanining that in the morning it is not possible for guests leaving the Hotel on the same day to enjoy the Spa area !
Well, that's it ! We are really fully satisfied with our stay, weather was just exceptional and we are now just waiting to be back for the 3rd time. Please have a look to the pictures that I will soon add to my review.
Enjoy your stay as much as we did and see you there one day, maybe ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ERMITAGE Wellness- & Spa-Hotel is a typical Swiss Hotel in chalet style just above Gstaad in Schonried. It was re-opened in december 2011 after 9 months of extensive renovations. It offers several new highlights, such as the new piano-bar "One Million Stars" with one million sparkling Swarovski-stones, the two-storied panorama hall "Bargblick" which offers a grand view of the mountains and invites you to linger. In our new library "Lasi-Stube" you can take your time to browse our books. The hotel also offers 96 non-smoking rooms, accompanied walks and excursions in the mountains (Mountain biking / river rafting / excursions, downhill and cross-country skiing during winter with our sports staff), and In- and out¬door salt water pool (35°C), outdoor-sportpool 17x10m (28-32°C), a Sauna centre (Finnish sauna "Schnapsbrennerei", precious stone grotto "Amethyst", Turkish steam bath "Tropicana", herbal sauna and “Solegrotte”, tepidarium, biosauna) and a Ladies spa and whirlpool. Please note, the saunas (except Ladies spa) are a mixed naked area. “Vitalita" with hayseed bath, Cleopatra bath, herbal bathes, oriental Rasul, "Golden Nostalgica". Beauty salon. Cardio-controlled running / fitness training. Own fully equipped sports shop for ski rental and ski service. The nearest ski lift is the Rellerli lift, which is just opposite the hotel about 150 m away, the second nearest is the Horneggli only a three minute walk away. Both lifts belong to the Gstaad Mountain Rides area with a total of 62 lifts and 250 km of skiing area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your ERMITAGE Wellness- & Spa-Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wellness- And Spa-Hotel Ermitage