“Nice room and breakfast, terrible lobby shop”
Review of Hotel Welcome Inn

Hotel Welcome Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kloten
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The room was nice for the price, the breakfast was very good due to the breakfast staff. However my wife bought a watch from the lobby display. When we got home we discovered that the product literature and packing were missing. Staff uncooperative but offered a refund if I returned the watch.When they received the watch, the refund offered was about 2/3 of the price. Claimed to be due to Swiss tax policy. My contact at the hotel was aware of this but did not bother to tell me in advance. Her note said "I will refund". Apparently that was not a complete statement.
If you deal with the lobby display. be very, very careful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Moe F
welcomehotelsCH, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Welcome Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Mr. F,
Thank you very much for your comment and your rating on Tripadvisor.
If you need any assistance referring the mentioned story, I have reference to our email communication.
Thanks fo ryour understanding.
E. Steingruber

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I needed to stay close to Zurich airport and wanted a cost-effective option. The Welcome Inn didn't let me down. A good price (for Switzerland anyway, where everything is expensive!) and a great hotel.

The free internet was superb, enabling me to download files and do lots of work.

The free shuttle bus to and from the airport (and therefore to and from the train station, because the train station is at the airport) was reliable. To get the shuttle bus timetable, send an email to the hotel (it's approximately every 15 - 30 minutes, picking up in zone 3 outside the airport).

The staff were friendly and spoke good English.

I really liked the room; modern and basic. It had a fully stocked mini bar, not too expensive either.

Breakfast was OK; not fantastic, but enough choice to satisfy most people.

I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for rating us and your lovely comment. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay at our place and thanks for the recommendation!
Just one hint besides, there is also a train station in Kloten (within 2 min walking distance) with directions to Zurich downtown and Winterthur. The station at Zurich aiport is bigger and there are more directions also for long distances, the one in Kloten is a only local "S-Bahn" station.
See you soon again, it would be a great pleasure!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here for one night at the end of a trip to Zurich and Bern. It is conveniently located near the airport with a free shuttle. While I would normally stay in town, given the circumstances of a late arrival and an early departure this was quite convenient. The hotel was pleasant and the staff reasonably attentive. My wake up call at 540a was on time and did not expect conversation. I was too early to use the breakfast. The room was more US style than other hotels I have stayed at with its decor and set up. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet and clean. The shower was a bit larger than many I've seen in Switzerland and had plenty of hot water. I would stay here in similar circumstances in the future but not for an extended stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
welcomehotelsCH, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Welcome Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Larry,
Thanks a lot for your detailled comment and you rating. Nice to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and because of the circumstances you dropped by in Kloten. Feel warmly welcome at any time to visit us again, we will be happy to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I found the staff friendly and helpful. The room was well equipped and clean. There was no airport noise even though the airport is close by. A shuttle to the airport is available. The breakfast was good and plentiful. Located in a nice neighborhood with places to walk to. All in all, a real bargain.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your fantastic rating and your comment.
Nice to hear that you liked the breakfast, we are checking several options and are renovating the breakfast room for our guests.
See you back soon at Hotel Welcome Inn!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Large clean room, felt very luxurious after a week in Italian city hotels which are small and cramped by comparison. Friendly staff, greeted me and knew I had been before and were kindly and quickly checking in people who had been on delayed flights and were in distress. No airport noise, good comfortable bed, modern bathroom, room bar. Efficient airport shuttle, every half hour, you need to book at busy times. Breakfast OK but not a big choice of fresh fruit. Would stay again on business, for short stays.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
welcomehotelsCH, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Welcome Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you for rating us on TripAdvisor! Nice to hear, you had a memorable stay with us and we are happy that everything was fine for you.
Referring the breakfast, at the moment we are renovating for you, there will be a compline new breakfast room and lobby with a bigger offer.
See you back soon, have a look what's gonna be new then.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I spent one night before catching an early flight from Zurich. The Hotel is located very close to the airport as well as the town of Kloten. As the hotel is only a 2 min walk from the Kloten train station, Zurich City Center can be reached in about 15 min. The rooms are well equipped for a 3 star and offer even some advanced TV Channels (Sky Germany). There was some minor plane noise, but that is normal when being close to a big airport, like Zurich.

The Hotel has an in house traditional swiss restaurant as well as a steak house. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The shuttle in the morning was also on time and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for you detailled comment and your rating, it helps us for improving our services and future guest becoming a reasonable view of the location and the hotel.
See you back soon at the Hotel Welcome Inn, feel always warmly welcome when you drop by!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed a few nights at the welcome inn as it was covenient for some things we had to do in and near kloten. The hotel is nice and clean and the rooms are fairly sized. It seemed extremely expensive for what it provides. The personnel seemed kind but not all of them, some seemed only nice to swiss people. There was no coffee achine in the room and one was supposed to go downstairs and get coffee from either a machine pr the brekfast room. The machine turned out to be broken and the brekfast room was only open in the am of course. What I did not like is that instead of saying the machine was broken, at noght I was told the machine was for the morning only, while in the morning I was told by another person that the coffee machine was only for the evening and that in the morning I should get coffee in the brekfast room. I guess this behvior works in a airport hotel where people only stay one night. In the end when we needed coffee in the afternoon we could exceptionally get it from the rstaurant (that at the time was closed, and we had to pay for it) and when another person joined us we were advised we could walk across the street to get coffee. Paying more than 200 francs a night and not even beeing given free coffee seemed a bit of a joke.
There is a restaurant with nice food bu no room service, even though one can get food and ing it up to the room on their own.
Location is great for the airport.
I probably would ot stay in this hotel again t these prices.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dastado
welcomehotelsCH, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Welcome Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for rating us on Tripadvisor and your comment. I apologize for not exceeding your expetations. Your story about the coffee is indeed not very amusing, we will follow it up for sure. Referring the kindness only to Swiss people, I am sure that there was a missunderstanding, after my experience, it can be retraced to the english language style of not original english speakers, it sometimes seems a little rude, I apologize if there was so.
Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kloten
Hotel Allegra
1 mi away
Hilton Zurich Airport
Hilton Zurich Airport
#2 of 10 in Opfikon

Been to Hotel Welcome Inn? Share your experiences!