“What a schock...........”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“What a schock...........”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

This Hotel is not realy the cause of my frustration but eh, this is the one I actually stayed in. I had this Hotel booked as this Hotel is apperently close to the Airport. After a long night, my collegue brought me to the Movenpick Airport Hotel which infact a different Hotel. It is now 10.30 pm and have to leave again at 5.30 so I asked the Movenpick Airport Hotel whether I could change the Hotel since they are both movenpick Hotels ( same Management also). Now this was complicated and they asked my to cancel my reservation ONLINE and book the Airport Hotel. Again, its now 10.30 pm!! I did actually check the Internet and couldnt cancel the Moevenpick Regensdorf anymore. I was furious but received no sympathy from the staff who was now having fun with a Airline crew that just arrived. They told me to take the bus back to the airport and another bus to the other Moevenpick wich was NO option at that time of the night. I took a taxi (45 SF) and finally arrived at the Regensdorf Hotel. Since I only stayed a couple of hours in the Hotel I can only mention what I saw.
Large lobby, friendly staff here and large comfortable room. Large bathroom , although amminities were poor. ( Large bottles of general soap) Had no breakfast or used the bar.WIFI was not free. I would like to mention that I received a bottle of water when I left.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank stalenbu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Zurich
Reviewed October 20, 2011

The hotel is close to Zurich Airport and Zurich Downtown and offers a shuttle bus service. It is a good selection for company trainings or convention, being slightly outside the city in the Swiss countryside, with an exellent training center. Food is good in general, even thou in the same city there is something better.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2011

The hotel is very nice....cozy, large and clean. The staff is very friendly. However, I did not like the location.....you cannot really walk outside, since there is nothing around. There is a small mall next to it, but there is nothing there to see. The restaurant downstairs was very expensive....maybe that is how it is in all of Switzerland. We were traveling in Italy and it was not like that. We paid $150 for 2 hamburgers and pasta, and chicken wings! In the states, we pay $40 for that.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
St.Gallen
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, competent service - aall you want for a business stop over near Zurich

Room Tip: Need to relax or work - both can be done on a high level
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
montvale, nj
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This was a nice hotel that offered transportation from the airport. However there was no transportation into Zurich. Therefore you had to go back to the airport & pay for transportation into Zurich which was time-consuming. The staff was very helpful & friendly. They offered everyone a drink upon registration. The rooms were a nice size and comfortable. There was a very nice breakfast buffet included with the reservation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
St. George's, Bermuda
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I found this hotel be an excellent spot for business travel. The service was EXCELLENT from the time arrived until I left, there were no complaints. I ordered room service and the food not only took a short time to arrive, the waitress who delivered it was very polite and it was extremely tasty. The breakfast buffet offered by the hotel is also an excellent choice with a huge selection of various items to choose from and a staff on hand that are always willing to go the extra mile.

Unlike many hotels I have stayed in, in Switzerland, the Wi-Fi was reasonably priced. The rooms were clean and the decor was very contemporary which appealed highly to myself.

All in all this was great experience and I recommend this hotel to anyone in need of a hotel in Zurich. The only downside is that it is closer to the airport than the city and a taxi ride into the city can cost as much as CHF 60. The train will take about 30 minutes. There is nothing much to do around the hotel, so the need to go into downtown Zurich will have to be considered based on your travel needs.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed September 1, 2011

always enjoy my stay at this hotel. Great service.

• Stayed August 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Regensdorf
Hotel Allegra
#2 of 3 in Kloten
Escher Wyss
Novotel Zurich City-West
Swissotel Zurich
#39 of 139 in Zurich

Been to Movenpick Hotel Zurich Regensdorf? Share your experiences!