We stayed in the hotel Albris for 2 nights in a standard room. The hotel is clean and the staff very friendly and helpful, both at the reception and breakfast/ restaurant area. We were welcomed in the room with a bottle of sparkling water and some delicious cookies made in their bakery. And when we left, we received a fresh baked bread, also from their bakery.
Our room was clean, two single beds put together as a double bed and the bathroom with shower looked new and modern. The small flat screen TV was sufficient for our needs to get updated on news and weather. There is also a small safe in the room.
Breakfast is excellent with a large selection of breads, probably freshly made in their bakery, cheese, ham, different jams and honey. There are also different homemade yoghurts and breakfast cereals to choose from. And there is an appliance where guests can prepare their own fresh pressed orange juice by the push of a button. A nice touch was their "Morning Post" on the breakfast table, a one-pager with information on weather forecast for the next 3 days, things to do, introduction to hotel staff, citation of the day and a Sudoku puzzle.
The hotel also has a Sauna and relaxing area (both indoor and outdoor). We did not use it but someone in our group did and enjoyed it a lot.
Since we were invited, I can not comment on price/value, but it must be better priced than some of the 4-star hotels. And the hotel Albris is in a great location and with the plentiful breakfast I think it's a great deal to stay as a base for some wonderful hiking trips.
- The hotel price includes a pass to use public transport of the area (bus, train, cable cars etc to go up the mountains).
- The hotel has a number of bikes that can be rented for free.
- A nice and quite easy panoramic hike: Take the bus (station just on opposite side of hotel) to Punt Muragl (< 10 min) to go up to Muottas Muragl and hike 2 3/4 hours to Alp Languard. It's a relatively flat hike with views to St. Moritz, the Bernina mountain and other surrounding mountains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Pontresina hospitality in an unspoilt setting: the Hotel Albris is in the heart of the wonderful alpine world of the Upper Engadin. Its non-smoking rooms are all clad with pine and are really cosy. To help guests feel even better after an exciting day, there is a wellness complex for them to use. Excellent cooking and the hotel's own bread and cake shop will make the hearts of true connoisseurs beat faster. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HRS so you can book your Hotel Albris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.