“Boutique Hotels”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Pontresina
Nahariya, Israel
“Boutique Hotels”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Took the Bernina Express both ways, so wanted to place to stay for the night at the end of this great trip. Hotel nice, but just for a one night stop too expensive. If you call ahead or upon arrival, they will send a car to pick you up at the train station. If you like boutique hotel this is nice. Sitting room is and restaurant but best to make reservation for dinner to make sure they have space. Bed was not comfortable. No elevator, so be sure to ask staff to help with suitcases; they do so willingly.

Room Tip: My wife did not come on this trip so took room for Single. Room very small; if traveling alone best...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
East Marion, New York
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We loved our visit to Pontresina and Hotel Steinbock was an excellent choice for accomodations. Guests are offered use of the Spa/pool of the adjacent property which we did partake in. The restaurant and food offered were exceptional. The room was clean, roomy and provided comfortable bedding.
We had a lovely view of Pontresina and were close to cross country ski trails to the glacier.

Room Tip: Wonderful rooms for a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bdweave02
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We chose this Hotel's Restaurant while looking for true Engadine specialities during our stay in Engadine.
Dishes are excellent, great local ingredients wonderfully served: a true tipical Swiss restaurant (and hotel)
Although a certain elegance Steinbock Restaurant keeps its Alpine informal atmosphere, with smiling weitress in traditional dress, best wines and beers, quick and dedicated service. Prices absolutely affordable (compared to the hotel which is rather exclusive: we spent 63 CHF in 2: main course beer!!)
Excellent their fondue+raclette, which can be only eated in their ''gondolezza'', just opposite on the same road.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Auburn, Maine
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Hotel Steinbock is a cute little hotel near the edge of Pontresina. Overall it's not a bad place to stay. The rooms are on the small side, the beds were very average, and there is no elevator, but the hotel is clean and well-kept and the staff, many of whom wore traditional Swiss dress, were generally friendly and helpful. Free wi-fi was available in the rooms. The location, near the end of Pontresina's main street, is quiet. There are shops and restaurants just a couple of minutes down the street, but the hotel is a bit over a kilometer from the train station. The hotel's restaurant was all right, and we definitely appreciated that they had an area that served as a salad bar one night and a dessert bar the next. It was nice to have a little more choice over what ended up on your plate, even if only for one course.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Wow!!! Walked from the train station. We only had a back pack, but 10 minute walk. Would recommend eating there in the hotel. We were offer dinner at the hotel, it was late, and had been traveling all day. The five course dinner was awesome!!! Anti-pasta plate, soup, salad bar, main dish, (which was trout, but staff let us change to a veal dish), and then dessert!!! We had the room where we shared the bathroom, but there wasn't any one else the other room. Beds were comfortable. It rained during the night, and we slept better with the sound of rain fall. If ever in that part of the world again, would stop in again, in a heart beat.
Thank you to the stafff, both hotel and resturant!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ron O
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2012

we visited this hotel in the summer. We received a warm welcome. The porter had to carry our heavy bags to the room as there is no lift. The room was a good size with an excellent view of the mountains. The hotel is at the end of town and is in a quite location although a large new building is going up across the road and this might result in some noise. The staff were very helpful. There was a spa which we didn't have time to use but it sounded to be very good.The meals were a highlight. We booked half board and this sometimes results in ordinary meals but these were fantastic. If you are travelling by train you will probably need a taxi to get to the hotel as there is a steep hill but the distance is less than a kilometre. I would recommend this hotel for for a short or long stay.Very comfortable and very friendly.

Room Tip: we had room 33 which was quite, had plenty of room, good bathroom and a beautiful view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 19, 2012

On my drive from Frankfurt to Pontresina, my GPS led me across a pass that was closed.... Needless to say that my night drive over the winding little Alpine roads brought me to Pontresina very late. I called the hotel as soon as I realized that I would not be able to make it by 8pm.. They promised me to keep a staff member on duty until I would arrive. This was a big relief to me! When I got there, my suit case was brought upstairs into my room. As a single traveler, I am sometimes given a lesser room (for full price) - not so in the Hotel Steinbock. I had a quaint little room with bath and view to the mountains. I enjoyed the church bells wishing me a good night :) Internet access was included. On all my endeavors, the hotel staff was very helpful. After a long day's hike, I enjoyed a massage at the Hotel Walther's next door. The breakfast was excellent and the dinner was good too. Yes, there is no elevator, but the staff will bring your luggage to your room. All you have to be able is to take the stairs up one level. Next time I come to this area, I will stay at the Hotel Steinbock again! I have stayed in other hotels/Pension in Pontresina - but this was the best!

Room Tip: Call and make reservations over the phone.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo