While there are several positive features of this property they are outweighed by the horrible dining experience.
1. The primary dining venue is a large room that has the ambiance of a gymnasium-cafeteria. The room is large and sounds bounce around making for anything but a pleasant dining experience.
2. Several times this "hall" was unpleasantly warm and there was little attempt to open any of the windows.
3. There is a "gourment" restaurant section that is used as an overflow area but seems reserved for "special" guests. I asked to be seated in this area and was initially refused despite several tables being available.
4. Food service is abysmally slow. One evening it took 1.5 hours to receive two dishes.
5. This is a family resort and if you like yelling children and crying babies you might be happy. If you are looking for a more serene location then look elsewhere.
6. There is another dining venue with a strictly a la carte menu but it offers only two seatings - 6 PM and 8:30 PM.
7. The daily menu offers a variety of starters - hot and cold, soups, and main dishes. The starters are very small dishes and some of the main dishes also do not offer a substantial meal.
8. They either need to hire more help or improve the efficiency of the kitchen when the property has high occupancy levels.
There are positive aspects to this property. The rooms are adequate although the toiletries are minimal and not replaced.
There is an included mini-bar but it has two bottles of water and the remaining items are all sweetened drinks. A request for alternative non-sugar drinks was met with - we can give you more water - which in turn did not happen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the centre of Pontresina and at the heart of the holiday region Engadine St. Moritz, Hotel Saratz is elegant yet cosy, contemporary yet charming - and its blend of old and new exudes one thing above all: atmosphere. The modern way of living merges with the Engadine hotel tradition, grandeur with design and nature with architecture. True values for a holiday adventure in a magnificent setting. According to the latest rating of the "SonntagsZeitung" of 31 May 2015, Hotel Saratz has been ranked the 7th best family hotel in Switzerland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Hotel Saratz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saratz Hotel Pontresina