“very nice and reasonably priced”
Review of Maitre Jacques

Maitre Jacques
Ranked #37 of 84 Restaurants in Nyon
Cuisines: French, Swiss
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2014

In the past five years I have been to Nyon at least 15-20 times. As it was always for business, I went out for dinner with colleagues who used to go to a below-average restaurant in the city, swearing it was the best place (they were clueless).
So this time around - January 2014 - me and my closest colleague put our foot down and said "No!" We want a new place. Since Maitre Jacques just steps from our hotel, we decided to give it a shot. We were 7 people and we all simply loved the food, the presentation and the affordable prices (relative to Switzerland of course) . The service - while very friendly - was a tad slow for me... They like to take their time...
If you're in Nyon - that's a good choice!

1  Thank Mcmlix1959

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

good menu, not too extensive (positively meant). tuna tartare as amuse bouche, great fresh mixed salad, salmon/ goat cheese starter then classic filet de perche meuniere with frites. you can have it citron vert as well. decent wine choice. attentive service, classic atmosphere.
should add that switzerland is expensive - am sick of reading that comment on swiss restaurants ... HELLOOO, it's all expensive especially for foreigners. i'd class this as middle expensive

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I liked the food but found the bill to be shockinly high for what was served. Nice to be able to sit outside in the summer though

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food and cosy atmosphere. I ordered the lamb and it was gorgeous, the meat melted in my mouth. The chocolate dessert was nice but not as fine. Rather expensive but to be expected in Switzerland.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Nice restaurant with very good food. Outstanding for the location at this price. Good address to remember.