“Lovely Setting and fantastic staff”
Review of Hotel Real

Hotel Real
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Nyon
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely Setting and fantastic staff”
Reviewed January 21, 2011

This little hotel is in a perfect location overlooking the lake .I had a lake view room which was perfect.Clean crisp bedding and minimal furnishings all new .The staff could not do enough for us.

Want to go back for a holiday

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I spent one night here on business, but was very impressed with the friendly staff and very comfortable and functional rooms.

The fact that is is right on the shore of Lake Geneva and just a short journey from the centre of Geneva makes it a good location for those looking to unwind too.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Real in Nyon for four nights in June while I was in the town on business. My parents had accompanied me on my trip, so we had requested a triple (room #13). It was very spacious and comfortable - there was a double bed for my parents and a single bed for me, with a very large room and also a spacious bathroom. The decor was very simple and our room had a tile floor, but it was clean and had all the essentials, including very nice toiletries! Breakfast was included in our rate, and was very nice - hams, fruit, breads, eggs, sausage, coffee, tea, etc. The staff was extremely nice. The hotel sits at the end of a pedestrian street with lots of shops, restaurants and several gellato places, and is located just below the castle. We had a lovely view of Lac Leman out the side of our room. The only downside, given that I was traveling on business - the (free) wireless internet was very slow and only accessible from right near the door of our room. Otherwise, we very much enjoyed our stay - I wish I could have spent more time here, but since my parents were on leisure travel, I know from them they really enjoyed their time at Hotel Real and in Nyon.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
California
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We traveled with our grown daughter to this incredible little town and spent 4 nights in a triple at the hotel. The service was great and the staff and the front desk were very helpful. They gave us ideas for places to see and took care of our every whim. We would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Easton, Maryland
Reviewed September 17, 2007

We stayed here for one night at the end of our two-week vacation. It's got a wonderful location, right on the lakeside promenade. When booking, I chose a city-view room (nevertheless rather expensive), because a room overlooking the lake was not only much more expensive but probably also noisy. We could see the castle, but the main view was of the parking garage. For one night, not a big problem. The room was clean but pretty devoid of charm or personality. The bathroom was a decent size, also clean and modern, but the shower was just a corner with a drain and a curtain that would cling to your body when you touched it--which was impossible to avoid since the shower area was so tiny.

It was great fun to be in Nyon for the Swiss Indepence Day celebration. I joined the crowd sitting on the castle walls, the highest point in town, and from there could see the fireworks in Geneva and the next town to the east (I forget the name), as well as the local ones. Plus, we had a fabulous dinner nearby at Le Maitre-Jacques. I'd go back to Nyon just to eat there again.

Another big bonus of staying in Nyon is that it's a short ferry ride across the lake to Yvoire, a stunning medieval village. Also, it's quite convenient to Geneva Airport, by train. Unfortunately, we had changed our flight to a horribly early hour, so we had to get up around 4:30 a.m. and walk 20 minutes in a light rain through the dark streets (which was kind of fun) to the station, to catch the 5:45 to the airport.

Anyway, from the research I did on this site and others, it seemed like the Real was probably the best hotel in town.

Stayed August 2007
london
Reviewed April 10, 2007

We stayed here for one night on the way back from the Alps. We booked two triple rooms, which were clean, spacious and had great white bedlinen and modern fixtures. Kids especially liked the TV in the bathroom. The staff were helpful, ie getting warm milk and hot chocolate at bedtime.

Good but basic breakfast and great location, easy to walk alongside the Lake to take in the view.

Car parking in main car park right opposite the hotel.

Good for a family stop over.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2007

Stayed here March 26th for one night . Was my 3rd time at this hotel, and stay here due to work. The hotel is quite new, and the rooms thus are modern, clean etc. I have stayed at a number of the hotels in Nyon (there are a few of them all in a row on the lake road), and this one is definitely the nicest of all. Bed is comfortable, breakfast is good, location is right on the lake road. You can walk into the centre of town in about 5 minutes, and about 8 minutes to the station. If you get a view of the lake, it is very nice where you can see over to France, however be warned in Summer can be a little noisy (but this impacts all the hotels down there). Overall a nice clean hotel.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nyon
Base Nyon
#6 of 8 in Nyon
Villa Cecile
Villa Cecile
#2 of 5 in Yvoire

Been to Hotel Real? Share your experiences!