This historic hotel, made famous by Henry James novel Daisy Miller and the film version of the story, deserves its title as the "grande dame" of Vevey hotels. Normally, this is very high end and priced accordingly, but we got a good price twice for large and very, very comfortable rooms, one with a balcony overlooking Lake Geneva, and both with gorgeous, luxurious bathrooms with fine amenities. The spa/pool area offers many treatments and a large swimming pool, with locker facilities and indoor and outside rest areas, and there's a great gym with modern exercise machines, free weights and cable tv (for long cardio). Service is four-five star as one would expect. Free parking on site if there's space. Location is stunning, right on the lake and around the corner from old Vevey, full of fascinating shops, from high end fashion to book stores to just quirky little places selling tea and coffee, etc. Try the creperie that advertises great capuchino for breakfast. If price isn't an issue, it's a truly great place for a romantic and healthy overnight or weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1842, the Hotel des Trois Couronnes is located on the shores of Lake Geneva, facing the stunning Swiss Alps. Spacious but intimate, all 68 rooms, Junior Suites and Suites match with today's tastes, combining luxury, refinement and modernity. Epicureans will enjoy "Le Restaurant" with its grand panoramic terrace serving traditional cuisine cooked either in a light or in a gourmet way and offering every season a new menu. A wide range of dishes are without lactose and/or gluten and we propose as well vegetarian's menu.The Puressens Destination Spa is welcoming both hotel guests and day clients looking for personal treatment packages extending over a period of several days around a concept of well-being based on three pillars: "Body, Spirit and Nutrition". The Puressens Destination Spa offers each client a specific treatment package adapted to their needs and expectations. These treatments will be accompanied by delicious menus based on light and balanced nutrition prepared by the head chef in consultation with a dietician. The Puressens Destination Spa works with a collection of doctors and specialists who concentrate on anti-aging, nutrition, sports, and preventive health programs, including smoking cessation, supervised detoxification, stress management, and weight loss. The 1500-square-meter spa provides a broad range of skin-care, beauty, wellness, and sports treatments in the 10 treatment rooms. The spa also features indoor and outdoor relaxation areas,spa cuisine, a sauna, steam room, and separate men's and women's changing areas with showers. The spa's signature treatment is the Joelle Ciocco Discovery Treatment. It includes an analysis of the guest's skin type and identification of external aggressions on the skin and ends with an adaptation of personal skin treatment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel des Trois Couronnes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Des Trois Couronnes
- Des Trois Couronnes Hotel