The title above basically captures my main and only issue during my two night stay at this hotel.
The hotel definitely has positives going for it as well but if you're planning to rest, then it's not the place to be.
Nice and helpful staff
good wi fi connectivity
tv with few channels
reasonable breakfast with a very welcoming server
- The room has no a/c which means there is no air circulation inside the room. This also means you have to leave the window open. The windows open to a charming alley which houses two popular drinking/eating spots which are usually crowded until around 2am. You hear these people clearly. At around 5 am there will be garbage trucks collecting cans of garbage and the worst is the glass bins...then the restaurants start setting their outside tables around 7 am and that naturally creates noise.
- The washroom/shower area is spacious however the shower stand is very small (european standard) which is a simple area of improvement for the hotel. Toiletteries are also very limited (1 soap and 1 shampoo/body gel in one).
- there is no phone in the room, you have to ask if you want one installed in your room
- the safe in the room is not for free, you have to pay if you want to use it
On the positive side the hotel is in a very charming part of vevey which puts you in walking distance to great cheese stores, bakery, gift store, the lake, the alimentarium, the town center, etc.
I think with a little investment, the hotel can definitely leverage what it has going for it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Les Negociants reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Negociants Hotel