“Folklore”

Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Fondue fondue fondue....and some folklore...good value for fun....good simple local wines (beware your ulcers...)...

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Incredible - the manager/head waiter was completely drunk or intoxicated with something. He was extremely arrogant & rude from the start and was very sarcastic and bitter from the moment we entered he said he didn't like my shoes! I ignored this and thought I had misinterpreted or maybe he didn't like the English but he was extremely rude & unhelpful & continued like this. I had an important email to check after dinner and when he saw me using my email he snatched the discount vouchers they give on the table place and said "You won't be getting a discount as you have been using your email in my restaurant". Extremely strange behaviour and very inhospitable for a restaurant manager. Shame!

7  Thank NicsWoods
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were recommended to this restaurant by our hotel reception who organised the table booking for us. It was a Friday night, so the restaurant was busy, with a lively atmosphere. The fanfare servings of the fondue wore a bit thin after a while, but maybe it was because we were tired after a long, wet day! The waiter (owner?) was very helpful with the menu as he could see I had my dictionary in hand. I had the cheval (controversial!) which was beautifully cooked and very tasty. My husband had the local lake fish which he said were tasty, if a little fiddly. Definitely a "locals" place, and well worth searching out for an authentic experience.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Quite an interesting atmosphere in the heart of Vevey. I have always had their fondue and never tried the other plates. Fondue is very good, Gruyère and Vacheron cheeses, nice wine and the side dishes are interesting. However I think you shoud stay just with the fondue unless you are a large group of people and that helps you keep the conversation going on. Unique touch is that they play the national anthem when they bring you the fondue which is fun. I have been there many times and the quality has always stayed high.

1  Thank Jacinto M
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I just came back from eating dinner at Les 3 Sifflets (on the recommendation of the reception at my hotel). It has a fun and quirky atmosphere which I did enjoy. I had the filets de perches, which admittedly was overcooked. I indulged in a fondant au chocolat too which was very good. The tourists seemed to enjoy the fanfare over the fondue and it's pretty funny to watch. Very polite service.
Overall, if you have a sense of humour, this is a fun place to go. If I were to base it solely on my meal, it may be overpriced for what it was, but you can argue that is often the case for many restaurants in Switzerland. I probably would have found it better value to order one of their other dishes instead. I would go again for the fun of it, but just not order the fish this time.