“Exellent hotel.!”

Besancon, France
“Exellent hotel.!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is beautiful.
I stayed there for 2 days, the staff is always smiling, the diner and the breakfast was great, the room was perfect and the views is just amazing on the lake...

All around the hotel, you can visit a few museum, but also doing a cruise on the lake or visit Lausanne at 20 minutes by car.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Seb C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Chevy Chase, Maryland
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is just beautiful. Most hotels of this type have a bit of a stale, worn "old world" feel. Not this hotel. It has pure elegance, while simultaneously feeling new and modern. It was mid winter so I didn't get a chance to experience the pool, but the view of the lake is still impressive in February. The only downside was the restaurant. While the meal was not bad and the service was great, I expected a lot more for the prices being charged (150 for dinner for 2, without wine). Breakfast was good, nut not terribly original. Over earl, a great location and home, truly top end rooms. Just find another restaurant

Stayed February 2013
3 Thank CannistraD
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Very nicely located on the lake,the rooms towards the lake have a beautiful view and are very cozy.Service is perfect and kind.We had dinner in their gourmet restaurant and it was a nice experience.The menu list is short but food is very nice and service kind.
The place can be recommended without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kosmic48
Kamakura, Japan
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have not stayed in many expensive hotels, but I have stayed in some, and have had various nice experiences, but this was the nicest of all. The hotel is exquisite -- each table, chair, painting, etc. It was a pleasure simply to walk down the halls. The hotel staff were personable and helpful. They made have realized that my daughter and I were not as wealthy as many of the guests probably were (I wanted to stay at the hotel because I had loved the Booker prizing-winning by Anita Brookner that is based loosely on the hotel) but we were never made to feel like we didn't belong. There were some nice little surprises, too, which I don't want to give away for fear of spoiling the delight of other future guests. The restaurant was also very nice and considering how expensive Switzerland dining is generally, I would not call it expensive at all. I LOVED my stay at the Hotel du Lac!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kate E
Wigan
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week with my three year old son and fiancé who works nearby. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are faultless with L'Occitane toiletries. Everything you'd expect from class true 5 star. The breakfast was delicious with plenty of variety. Service was excellent. I was wary of staying somewhere like this with a three year old but they adored him. They didn't charge us anything for him, inc food and drinks! I loved it. We even went yesterday for lunch and felt as welcome as when we stayed.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank kittenx1983
Ogunquit, Maine
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Upon arriving for breakfast the 5-star hostess looked at me blankly. I had to introduce myself as a guest of the hotel wanting some breakfast! She had me sign a paper in advance before she would seat me. She declared the Lord's name in vain to describe the rainy weather outside. In sight and sound of guests, she kept putting down a sweet younger girl she was obviously training. Instead of watching to make sure coffee cups were refilled, she left the room, and when back she she clanked around setting the dining room for lunch, spilling silverware on the floor, still no coffee. When I was about to leave, she asked if I would like more coffee. Her girl had already done that (when asked). The bathrooms and towels are beautiful but the shower water can scald without warning. Mid rate room facing lake is 390 a night, high for January with pool closed, balconies too cold, and lake shrouded in a thick blanket of fog. Dining room closed my first night -- for people more important than paying room guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank LindaBean
jersey
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We chose to lunch at the Grand Hotel du Lac on our first visit to Vevey - we were delighted by both the town and our lunch. We ate in La Veranda - arriving without a reservation we were immediately shown a window table and were quickly given drinks and menus. Ordering only main courses we soon had an appetising amuse bouche - diced fish and carrots- pretty and enjoyable. Our main courses of confit duck and perch were both excellent with particularly good vegetables and sauces and accompanied by one's choice of starch - various kinds of potatoes, rice or polenta. We finished with mint teas and dainty petit fours. We expect to return . The hotel decor is tasteful and in keeping with the building. After lunch we strolled along the lakeside gardens to the port - on a sunny January afternoon the views were wonderful and the number of traditional and historic buildings most pleasing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mangerbien
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vevey
Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
#1 of 46 in Lausanne
Astra Hotel Vevey
Astra Hotel Vevey
#3 of 6 in Vevey

Been to Grand Hotel du Lac? Share your experiences!