“Tasty food - no beer though”

Indien Palace/Palais Indien
Ranked #73 of 117 Restaurants in Vevey
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a very good Indian restaurant in the old town of Vevey. It has a terrace in the summer. The owner is from Bangladesh and the waiters from India. The quality of the food is excellent.
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Have been to far worse Indisn restaurants.

The lamb in my curry was tender and the sauce just the right side of hot. The nan breads are a little disappointing - very dry, like a big toasted pitta.

Be warned - they do not serve beer (only non-alcoholic) and you can only buy wine by the bottle - not an option as I was dining alone.

Watch the bill as I had raita added that I did not receive.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

After waiting well over an hour for our food, we were served an extra meal which wasn't ordered. This was queried and the waiter argued that it WAS ordered and subsequently fraudulently
charged us 26 Swiss francs on top for something we hadn't asked for. I suggest anyone intending using that restaurant take great care as I've since heard of other stories from people who had similar experiences as us at these premises.

2  Thank Andrina W
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Very happy, nice surprise! Nice food, even nice atmosphere.. Totally unexpected. All the traditional dishes and more. Thank you for bringing decent indian food to vevey.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We wanted to have sushi at famous bar same street. Monday closed, however so went on to this Indian place 80 m away. There was a nice terrace quite busy at lunchtime. So we decided to have Indian food as light lunch and were not disappointed.

Everything we tried was very tasty without being hot. Had typical curry chicken with excellent vegetables and my partner a lamb rolls. Delicious every bite. At the end the bill was very acceptable for Vevey.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Okay food but deceitful cashiers. Three times I've gone there now and they've forgotten about the 15% discount they offer for takeaway; the most recent time they refused to honour their own gift voucher under the guise that it was offered by a staff member not working that night. I'll take my business somewhere honest.

3  Thank Chris M