Hotel Restaurant Steinbock(Klosters)(Great Value!)
$136
$132
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

Romantik Hotel Chesa Grischuna(Klosters)(Great Value!)
$123
Hotel Alpina(Klosters)
$204
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sunstar Hotel Klosters(Klosters)(Great Value!)
$185
$152
Agoda.com
Adventure Hostel Klosters(Klosters)(Great Value!)
$98
  • Restaurant
$146
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsriviera travelbuffet stylelovely hotelpiano barcable carbreakfast and dinnerswimming poolquiet roompark hotellocal trainpool tablenice barstayed here for nightslots of choicebuffet optioncomfortable loungeworld masters
Reviewed January 24, 2007

My husband and I booked a ski holiday through Inghams at this hotel. We were a little concerned when we read the reviews posted on this website about the buffet food provided at breakfast and dinner.
However, having just returned we are pleased to report that the breakfast was excellent and that the selection available at dinner was more than adequate (although we were a little perplexed by the english translations on the menu - terrine of the frogfish being the best one!). What do people expect for their money? If they were paying for haute cuisine they would have cause to grumble but not when you are paying average prices compared to other similarly rated hotels.
Staff in the dining room were very attentive - sometimes a little too attentive though - highly amusing when a female member of staff took a plate from a man who had just put the last piece of food from his plate into his mouth and hadn't even put his knife and fork down yet.
At dinner, a bottle of water is on your table when you sit down. For the first 2 nights we accepted this and drank it accordingly. There was never any attempt by the staff to explain the cost of this water. For the remainder of our holiday we asked for a jug of tap water. When we received our bill at the end we had been charged 9 swiss francs per bottle - this calculates to nearly £4 per bottle. This is more than top class restaurants in London charge!!!! If the hotel is going to charge exorbitant amounts for extras such as bottled water they should be transparent when offering it to their guests.
Otherwise the room was fine,staff were friendly and location good.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Haswell
Reviewed January 12, 2007

We arrived at this hotel more or less by accident. We had booked the Robinson Club Piz Buin in Klosters and hated it so much that we decided to leave after 15 minutes (I wrote a review about this expereice). One of their staff suggested that the Silvretta Park Hotel might be more to our liking.

We walked in and explained why we were there. They were sympathetic and showed us a suite which they offered us at the price of a superior room. The suite was charming, although I can to an extent confirm some earlier reviews that the decoration was patchy in parts. BUT a huge fireplace and a big balcony to the rear facing the snowy mountains made up for that. The suite had a bed room and a spacious living room with a small kitchenette, which I don't think they expect you to use as there is very little in the way of cutlery or crockery.

Anyway, we had half board and little need to cook. We used the fridge to chill a couple of bottles of champagne which we enjoyed in front of the open fire in the evenings.

We enjoy good food and eat out a lot, mainly in mid-level but ambitious restaurants. We rated the food at the hotel highly and particularly liked the fact that there were four restaurants to choose from.

The main restaurant offered a buffet dinner which changed daily. The overall quality was good to very good and they posted the buffet choices well in advance so that one could decide whether one fancied what was on offer.

The second restaurant offered a set five course dinner, which we opted for twice. Here the food was excellent and the filet steak with a thick slice of sautéed foie gras is still in good memory.

The third restaurant is a fondue and raclette restaurant which we did not make use of. But as there is little you can do wrong with either, I am sure that this is also a good choice.

The last restaurant is a la carte and you have to pay the a la carte prices although they subtract CHF 25 per person from the bill if you are a half board guest. We did this one night but found the restaurant to be expensive and no better than the other choices.

Restaurant service was an issue in all restaurants. There was a very professional but dominant head of service who overdid it in places and the rest of the staff seemed to be temporary staff from all over Europe and in one case from Australia. Many of them spoke little German or in fact English. The wine menu also seemed to be a riddle to these temporary staff. At this point I can confirm an earlier review, that the wines are expensive. I had to chuckle when I found a "capanet sovinon" on my bill....

We liked the piano bar with the large open fire place. Drinks were indeed not cheap but then the whole hotel was not cheap, at least not at the walk-in rate we got. There was one bar man who was excellent and another who found it hard to keep up with more than two guests per hour.

Overall we enjoyed our stay very much because we liked our room, enjoyed the food very much and enjoyed sitting in the bar. The concierge staff and the head chef with whom we chatted a few times were very pleasant and efficient. The service in the restaurants and bar was patchy but never unpleasant.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dcribb
Reviewed September 18, 2006

My wife and I spent a very pleasant week here at the start of September, on an Inghams Lakes & Mountains holiday.
We have stayed at hotels in various parts of Switzerland in the past few years and found that the service here was as friendly and personal as in smaller family-run hotels.
The staff were helpful and efficient, and the buffet food at Breakfast and Dinner was good and varied - we were often spoilt for choice - also Gluten-free bread was provided for my Coeliac wife at Breakfast and in her daily lunch-pack ( part of our Inghams package ).
Our room was clean and well decorated, being on the rear it did not have an open view, but as it was on the 4th. floor we were able to relax on our sunny balcony at the end of each day's walk.
It was very quiet and peaceful. We did not use the Music centre but we found the TV very useful for the daily weather reports and forecasts. As the vast majority of vistors to this part of Switzerland are German-speaking it is not surprising that the TV channels reflected this, but international news was available on one of the English-language channels, if required. ( I find that the different languages add to the atmosphere of a foreign holiday ).
This hotel is very accessible, being only a 5 minutes' fairly flat walk from the railway station and the local Cable-car. Local buses are also very convenient.
Several of the British guests that we spoke to had stayed at the Silvretta Park before, some frequently.
I would not hesitate to recommend that anyone wishing to visit Klosters should consider staying here, and we are quite likely to return.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Manchester-Rambler
Reviewed August 15, 2006

We (2 adults + 3 children 14, 11 & 3) stayed here for 10 nights from Aug 5 - 15 2006.

The hotel is in a nice location in the centre of Klosters which is a very quiet and small resort.

We have stayed in several Swiss hotels over the years and generally know what to expect. This hotel however, in my opinion, gets its 4 stars purely because of facilities i.e it has a swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym, sauna, billiard table etc. In terms of the quality of the rooms, service and food it fails a long way short of my experiences in other Swiss Hotels.

We had a 2 roomed suite on the third level and the decor was pretty tired. The main bedroom was nice enough but the other bedroom / living area, although it was large enough contained three camp style beds for the children. Given that I paid the full adult rate for my 14 year old, he at least should have had a proper single bed as should the 11 year old, I can understand the 3 year old having one but not the other two. The television in the room is fine if you understand German given that out of the 63 channels available, only 2 were in English i.e. CNN News & BBC Prime Time - not much there for only English speakers.

We had the buffet breakfast and evening meal arrangement. Breakfast was good but the evening meals were only adequate. Although the selection available was good, the staff did not keep the food trays topped up and sometimes you had to wait a while and sometimes the food had gone cold. Overall, the food was adequate but nothing special.

In terms of staff, most were nice and friendly with the exception of the Mr Zimmermann who seemed to have sole responsibility for the Stubbli Bar & Restaurant. He was a curious character who was ok if he only had you to deal with but if there were a few people needing serving he struggled with the pressure and let it show in that he could be quite curt and abrupt. After going in there the first five days for coffee / tea we gave up and went to the piano lounge on level one instead. This was very nice but expensive, 12.50 swiss francs for a gin and tonic (about £6!) and the guy there seemed to have a problem with my 11 year old wanting a glass of cold milk.

The biggest problem was that two days before we left, my 14 year old came back from the pool to our room in the afternoon ( my wife and I were in the park opposite with our little daughter) and as he approached our room he saw one of the porters coming out of our room. He immediately reported what he saw to one of senior members of staff who had a conversation with the porter in German. On returning to the hotel my son informed me of what had happened and I immediately checked the safe only to find that 40 Swiss Francs were missing. I am an accountant by profession and keep a very watchful eye on my money especially when on holiday and only my wife and me knew the combination to the safe. I immediately reported this to the manager who said that he would have the door entrance activity read first thing the following morning (they have a device that can tell them on these electronic locks who enters and leaves the rooms and what the times of entry and exit were). At 9.15 am the next morning they duly arrived and read the door activity. By 18.00 the same day they had not come back to us so we asked again at Reception. This time we were introduced to the Director (the guy in overall charge) who confirmed that at 3.28pm the previous day, one of the porters entered our room. He could not explain why he had been in there because he had no reason to, we got a sad story that the porter was apparently a long serving member of staff with 10 yrs + service, married and had children and was well know in the village. We were told the guy's employment would be terminated and that our 40 francs would be credited against our bill. There was no letter of apology, no bottle of wine or bunch of flowers - I didn't really expect anything but some little gesture to show that they were really sorry would have been nice. Although our loss was made good, this incident frightened my two boys greatly and as my older one said what would have happened if he had arrived back 5 minutes earlier when the guy was in our safe?

I will visit Switzerland again because I love the place bit never, never again will the Silvretta Park get my custom. They need to smarten their customer focus bigtime!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
17  Thank Aidan_Smyth
Reviewed May 27, 2006

I'm afraid I only have bad memories of this hotel. Whilst the rooms were big and had a large Tv and Cd player, they were so dark. The long corridors were poorly lit and it was like a maze to find your room. I worried what would happen in a fire.

The staff were poor. A bunch of flowers that we were sent were never given to us and phone messages not relayed. We were given a compensation voucher for a free meal on departure (not much good!).

The buffet style dinners were the most disappointing aspect. One evening the green beans and potatoes contained bits of bacon. When we asked the waiter for something for vegetarian, he just shrugged his shoulders.

The swimming pool was busy and full of screaming children.

My stay was a couple of yeasr ago, so maybe things have changed. However, never would I return to this hotel. Go to the Alpina opposite the station instead.

• Stayed: July 2003