“New Years 2013 Dinner Best of My Life”
Review of Walserhof

Walserhof
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Klosters
Cuisines: Swiss, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Stamford, Connecticut
“New Years 2013 Dinner Best of My Life”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked this restaurant for NYE dinner and I can honestly say its the best food I've ever eaten in my life. It was a holiday fixed price menu 6 course meal with wine flight. First course was a champagne soup that was out of this world. If you are not independently wealthy would recommend this as a special occasion place, in fact the hotel it is in only has four suites so its very special. When we get our credit card bill it may be ramen noodles for the next couple of weeks.

Visited December 2012

“very good - but not great”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We have visited the Walserhof a handful of times before so we build up some expectations, which of course is setting the bar high also in this review. The food was good and innovative - unfortunately did one in the party decide not to go with the scallops in the set menu. The suggestion was to replace with risotto - which unexpectedly also turned out to be the side dish for the main meat course. Not really to my expectations at this level of establishment.

Also the attention and the service was slightly declined compared to earlier visits - upon arrival no-one was the to greet or help with with the coats. The only one in sight was a young woman who was on the phone and did what she could to ignore that a party of four had just arrived by keeping the back to us a all times. Then, when we entered the restaurant the first greeting was "do you have a reservation."

All in all, a good experience - but taking the price level and obvious ambitions of the restaurant into consideration I would say that there are a few details that could be improved.

1 Thank time2goout
Stockholm, Sweden
“"Ski and food" or "Food and ski"?”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Klosters is a very peaceful place. Every year since 2006 we enjoy one week to be in the Alps. Last 3 years we had dinner in a very special place Hotel Walserhof. Hmm … where to start? You feel very welcome as soon you open the door. Our tradition is to start with a glass of champagne in front of open fire place. We are also served some small appetizers, very good. Later we move to the restaurant. Local interior and a lot of space between tables. This year we had The menu of the Prättigau based on local products. After the first appetizer I decided go to WC. On the way I was told “Sir, the soup is served you must go back!” Guess if I was surprised but when the soup was placed in front of me and I “destroyed” composition and tasted the first spoon of “Prattigau wedding soup” I wanted to give a huge hug to the lady who asked me go back to the table! Ravioli from Kloster with cheese matched my test in 100%. File of river trout and veal cheek are getting 99,5%. Why not 100%? I prefer vegetarian food. Finally baked apple slices with vanilla sauce and cinnamon ice cream. Very good wine list with excellent Gewurztraminer in 0,5l bottle. The price is high but we pay with pleasure.

Briefly, before I went to Kloster for ski. Next year I will go to Kloster for dinner at Hotel Walserhof and probably I will also ski.

• Visited March 2012
Klosters, Switzerland
“Excellent gourmet dining”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Walserhof is unique. Beginning with the professionalism of the waiters (two per table) the meal progresses with pleasant surprises in addition to the ordered food. The between course taste treats are truly special. Tastes and flavours are exceptional, unlike any ordinary restaurant. Good value for money can be had with lunch time set menus, that still offer high quality food. Evenings can be somewhat more expensive, (depending on food selections) but the food is just better than most restaurants you will ever find. For example at CHF 48.00 the lobster soup sounds very expensive - so we haven't tried it. But we imagine it would be the best lobster soup one ever had!

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank howardR109
Zug, Switzerland
“Lovely”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Quite formal, but lovely and the food was out of this world. Also, expensive but great for a special occasion. I found it a bit stuffy after a hard day on the snow and couldn't quite relax.

Visited December 2011