“A FAB GEM IN A NICE COUNTRIED LOCATION”
Review of The Bannatyne Spa

The Bannatyne Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Stotfold
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: In a world increasingly cluttered with noise and stress, stepping into one of our spas where men and women can completely relax and unwind provides the perfect antidote to modern day life. There is no simpler way to treat yourself than at The Bannatyne Spa. Our spacious therapy rooms provide a calm and relaxing environment in which to completely unwind, you can enjoy a choice of a wide range of treatments including; massages, facials, manicures and more. Set within our state of the art Bannatyne Health Clubs, the Spa is just one area dedicated to your wellbeing.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My mum and I have recently just had a lovely spa day here at Fairfields.

We had a lava shell massage and an Elemis facial - the whole day and treatments were fab in an amazing location (apparently this is the flagship spa in the Bannatyne's remit) - and you can see why. The staff were very attentive and helpful and friendly and smiley !! and the treatments were not rushed and were good value for money. We were not forced to buy anything afterwards, merely advised of the products that had been used. After your treatments, you can lie on ceramic heated beds which are an amazing addition to this spa.

There is a fab restaurant called The Orchard which serves nice healthy and tasty food at unexorberant prices - apparently you can even come to The Orchard without being a member of Bannatynes or being on a spa day - its open to the public and I WOULD RECOMMEND THE ORCHARD.

The building itself is part of an old mental hospital so the spa is housed in what looks like an old church building with stained glass window detailing and the height etc.

The pool is amazing and so is the pool area.....the changing rooms are very clean and modern and there are plenty of lockers to use and fab modern large showers too. There is a dedicated "getting ready" section of the changing rooms with plenty of seats and hairdryers available so the you never have to wait to use anything or feel that the place is crowded.

The gym is truly amazing - I have recently joined the BAnnatyne's Gym as a member so was interested to see just how good the gym equipment was - I was not disappointed....they have 14 treadmills and 14 bikes....and thats not including all the other amazing pieces of equipment around this very large gym, machines I have not even heard or seen before LOL, so you will never get bored in the gym.

Again, this building is like the inside of a church with high ceilings and stained glass window details like the spa area.

I WOULD RECOMMEND A SPA DAY HERE most definitely !!!

I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND JOINING AS A MEMBER TOO !!!

[see my photographs to be convinced]

gym membership

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I booked a Spa day for my wife's birthday on a Saturday. We used all the facilities which were excellent. For a Saturday it wasn't too crowded and no waiting around to use the gym equipment. The pool, saunas, steam rooms were fairly empty and quiet which was nice to relax in.

The Swedish massage was very good, the young girl was very firm and managed to find all the knots in my back. However it lasted 25mins instead of 40 as stated when booking the day. The scalp massage was poor and felt like she didn't want to do it and rushed through it, leaving the back of my head and mainly rubbing the top and sides.

When walking back through reception to the changing rooms I caught 2 staff members behind the counter hitting each other with used wet towels. Not professional at all!

If the scalp massage was better, and the Swedish massage lasted 40mins then it would if been a perfect day.

We were given a booklet on the products used and sold there, and no pushy sales at all from staff which was nice.

1  Thank Crapoli
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My long time friend took me for a spa day for my birthday. Had a nice relaxing day but what should have been the highlight - the massage - was pretty awful! I didn't want to complain at the time as my friend had treated me but I am currently hanging on the phone - ages later - to do so. I can only describe the massage as painful and not a pleasurable experience at all. My friend did not have the same experience and I didn't want to spoil it for her. Pretty sure I got the very inexperienced therapist, shame as the place is lovely and as it was a Monday not too busy.

1  Thank KimCambridgeshire
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Its a good place with lots of potential but unfortunately poor massage / facial by the staff. No consultation regarding the treatments except for the health forms you need to fill beforehand. The woman who had done my facial and scalp massage seemed like she couldn't be bothered and just ran her fingers on my scalp for a few minutes and dabbed some stuff on my face. On the other hand hubby had a good Swedish massage by Asha. Seriously they need to get some experienced staff who are keen to do a good job. Not going there again.

7  Thank N K
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This place used to be a lovely relaxing experience, marketed at a more discerning market. If you come on a weekend, be prepared for several groups of women on Hen Parties.

Whilst I'm not against anyone enjoying themselves, there's a time and a place. Large groups of women are regularly booked in on the same day and last Saturday there must have been upwards of 40 of them, all trying to reserve one of the (8) loungers by the pool, then crowding into the jacuzzi and hogging the facilities. This is on top of the regular (paying) members of the club. Piles of dirty towels stacked in the changing room and no staff to tidy up.

Pure greed on the part of Bannatyne's for allowing the bookings which they now seem to, every weekend.

4  Thank rtwexplorer2010