“Very friendly staff, great located, amazing breakfast - perfect for MTB holidays”
Review of Hotel du Lac

Hotel du Lac
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Crans-Montana
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We've stayed at Hotel du Lac for one night. We arrived quite late, since we were taking pictures after the lifts closed and went straight after that for dinner (there is an amazing pizzeria not far away from hotel du lac).

Anyway, we were able to get into the hotel without any problems. They offered to put the bikes in a storage room, but we had them in our car, no need for that.

The room was small but nice, the beds comfy and the shower great. But what really stood out was the breakfast buffet. For a hotel in this price class really top of the class.

Additionally the owners are really bike friendly. No troubles with our 2 dogs :-)

Room Tip: I guess if you are able to pick the room (we had a late reservation) choose one with vally view - it...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank baguslife

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We booked in advance on Booking.com and got a good deal - the management upgraded us and was extremely helpful and nice. We stayed a good 10 days .
Breakfast wasn't extraordinary and got bit boring but it was off season and there wasn't many people so couldn't expect high gastronomy.
Basic and modest rooms, living room , bar and playing room. but fair for what you pay.
Few modifications could make it cozier and more charming but i heard that they were working on it . Very well located and beautiful views from the rooms up on the mountain or on the lake. I would definitely go back !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GoldStarfish
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had stayed here on a visit to Crans montana. The rooms are small but well maintained. the service was superb, the breakfast was adequate, loved the cold cuts and the various cheeses. The most amazing feature of this property was the view. Our room had a balcony facing the valley and the views were spectacular. I will never forget the sunrise, the various shades of purple, reds and oranges, fabulous!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was a very nice hotel, although a bit expensive. The rooms were big, clean, and modern. The bathroom I had was very clean. The staff was all very friendly. The place is far from the main station, so make sure you know when to get on/off the bus. Overall, it was a bit expensive, although I'm not sure if you'll find cheaper in this town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jszafraniec
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Hotel du Lac was a picture postcard setting for a surprise birthday trip and in terms of location between the centres of Crans and Montana it could not have been better. In searching for accommodation I picked this hotel for the helpful email responses that I received and had the feeling that the hotel management would do everything possible to ensure that we had a great time. This was certainly the case and it is difficult to find fault with the comfortable room, spectacular view from the balcony, good buffet breakfast and friendly staff. If I returned to Crans Montana at any time I would contact this hotel for a room again without a moment of hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back don't have a lake view but the view over the Rhone Valley is equally spectacul...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy T
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Five of us went to Crans late June, and the weather co-operated by changing from poor to perfect on the day we arrived and stayed that way throughout our stay.!
Had been to Crans before, but not this hotel, and had booked through the web.
Really friendly family run hotel, who went out of their way to make sure we had a good stay. We went for the flowers, but unfortunately the cable cars were only open on the weekend, but the owners twice took us up as far as they could by their mini-bus so we could walk back.
Rooms not large, but wonderful views over the valley, and our friend had a good sized single room next to us without extra charge. Rooms on the 'mountain' side overlook the small lake.
We were half board, and no choice for meals, but as a vegetarian they did their best for me - pity we don't like raclette! Own small brewery attached to the hotel - nice beer!
Would certainly go again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Thankfully, I hadn't read the previous review before booking this hotel. I found it a perfect base for a few days skiing in the great Valais resort of Crans-Montana (C-M). It is located almost in the middle of the twin villages of Crans and Montana, about a 10 minute stroll from the funicular. It is unusually cheap for C-M. I can see why. The rooms are very clean but my double was possibly a bit small for a couple. Plus the decor appeared as though it was straight from a 70s catalogue. That said, it was worth paying a few extra Francs for the South facing rooms at the back of the hotel. What a fabulous view! My curtains were open all the time.

To be charitable, I think the owners had spotted the previous review because I found the Manager perfectly pleasant and courteous. He gave me ski hire discount vouchers, looked after my cases on the final day and was always smiling. The other staff, though quiet, were also polite.

I had one dinner at the hotel. A rather steep CHF46 for a salami starter, raclette, a small fruit cocktail and a couple of deliciously on site brewed La Marmotte beers. I was told the set menu was CHF28 rather than the CHF38 charged. My French is not that bad. I would recommend to skip eating here, there are plenty of other decent-ish value establishments in C-M, but take home some beers to give to friends.

Overall, I would say the stay was good value for this resort, provided you are here, like me, for the skiing rather than, say, a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo