“Dated....”

Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Crans-Montana
Toronto, Canada
“Dated....”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We chose this hotel (my father & I) as it looked like it was the closest to the lifts. I agree with all other reviews that it is in need of a facelift. Rooms are tiny for the price. My father and I were here on a family vacation - I'm early 30s. Most people here seemed to be retirement age and stared at us the entire time.... at dinner, when I tried to use the pool. I was very uncomfortable.
I did enjoy the vegetarian option they made for me every night and the staff were VERY friendly. I filled out a comment card before leaving- the manager had to disagree with me on the price of the room for the size and the dated appearance. He seemed very angry that I would say negative things. But I was not impressed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MadaleineB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winterthur
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having stayed for two days/nights only I couldn't really take to this hotel. The charm of a formerly sanatorium somehow remains in its walls. Anyway, the room was clean and spacious and the bed comfortable (I had booked a single room with panaroma view and got a double). The ensuite bathroom with its dusky pink ceramic tiles contained a shower only. However, one of the advantages of the hotel is its own saltwater spa including steam room and sauna (free for hotel guests). The other advantage is its location close to the cable car. Perfect for skiing!
At the first glance breakfast buffet looks pretty good but actually offers a small variety of food only (except for several very good and fresh breads) and nothing like full English breakfast either (well, we're in Switzerland...). WiFi is free in all hotel areas but needs a login code that can be used on one device only at the time. My overall impression: Good if you don't expect too much, average if you look for the details.

Room Tip: Always book a room with panaromic view (makes up for other things not that perfect!)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Wuustwezel, Antwerpen, Belgium
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We (family of 4 adults) stayed here the first week of February 2013. Knowing Crans Montana for many years we’ve chosen this hotel because of it’s location opposite the ski lift. We had booked adjoining rooms, but by mistake the first night we had to stay at different floors, the North room being very small, the other facing South was OK. But the staff did it’s best to make things OK for us. We could move the next day to another building. Both connected rooms had balconies and were spacey, one even has a small fridge in a kitchenette. All rooms are furnished as most apartments in this area are; a basic standard but clean. Breakfast buffet was good. Diner the first evening was very basic, but the following days became much better and enjoyable. Sometimes buffets were served, once Swiss raclette was served by friendly restaurant staff. The hotel has also a very good underground car park and we enjoyed the excellent free wellness “Solbad” after skiing everyday.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South are more spacey, rooms on the north small..
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wolverhampton, England
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We travelled back in time to the 1950s when we stayed here for one night during August 2012. The hotel was very busy and seemed very popular with families and senior citizens. Hotel has a good underground car park. Rooms are very small but those on the south side do have a very good view. Rooms are furnished to a very basic standard more in line with a no-frills budget French chain however, we found the room to very clean. All rooms have a shower and there is no TV or telephone in the room this does seem a bit strange for 2012! We opted for demi pension and ate in the restaurant. The meal is set and there is no choice however there was a comprehensive wine list. The food was ok just very boring in both style and presentation. The restaurant staff were very efficient and did a good job during a very busy service. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the centre of Montana. To get to Crans which is the better town you need to take the bus - just don't ask the girl on reception as she didn't have a clue about times etc. On reflection we could have done better!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple