My wife and I enjoy Switzerland and we are fortunate to live only 4 hours away by car. I came across an offer on internet for a romantic week-end: 2 nights, a candlelight dinner on the first
night, a half bottle of champagne served in the room after dinner, a surprise in the room, a special breakfast plate with a glass of presucco on the first morning, a 4 course meal on the second night. I guess I didn't forget anything and wanted to share with you the excellence of this package.
First of all the location is wonderful right on the lake shore and the package guaranteed a room facing the lake and the snow capped mountains in the back-ground. The hotel is in mint condition and deserves without any doubt its 4 stars (not 5 stars as mentioned in a previous review). The outdoor parking is plentiful. The reception was quite friendly and helpful on check-in. However don't expect valet parking. You also get to haul your luggage to your room.
The room itself is of average size meaning that there is enough room to put 2 arm chairs and a small round table in one of the corners.The bathroom is fine with black sink and sides and pink tiles as in the 1950s. I have been wondering how I could best describe this room
emotionally and I guess « dull » would be my choice. Very clean, outstanding view, but the interior decoration …
The restaurant ! That was another wonderful experience. I was a little worried with the half board deal but the chef is experienced and prepares fresh local food. The menu is set with a choice of fish or meat and was completely changed for the second day. We enjoy
eating and couldn't believe our luck. I guess the best example was a creamy vegetable soup (which I normally skip) and turned out being a real treat. We couldn't figure out what we had eaten and it turned out to be made with leaves of wild garlic! This vegetable is only available
in the Spring and is quite popular says the waiter. He went to the kitchen to bring back a couple of leaves on a plate so that we could discover the source of this delicacy! This gives me the occasion to highly compliment the service and friendliness of both waiters.
So in net 2 outstanding features: the location and the restaurant.
First tip: if you wish to go to Luzern (and the weather permits) take the boat which stops right by the hotel. Enjoy the ride and the sights.
Second tip: the hotel is separated from the lake by a pedestrian walk (so no traffic noise) and the walk is delightful !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waldstatterhof occupies a captivating and awe-inspiring location on the cusp between Lake Lucerne and Lake Uri, surrounded by a beautiful private park and with views of the Alps of Canton Uri. Situated within sight of the historic Rutli Meadow, this place awakens memories of the Swiss Confederation's Genesis back in the mists of time, interwoven with myths and legends. This is a place that's imbued with energy in the midst of an archaic, natural spectacle encompassing mountains, cliffs, water and wind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Seehotel Waldstaetterhof Brunnen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seehotel Waldstatterhof Brunnen Hotel Brunnen
- Seehotel Waldstatterhof Hotel Brunnen