“Special souvenir of Switzerland”

Swiss Knife Valley Visitor Center
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Brunnen
Fara San Martino, Italy
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Special souvenir of Switzerland”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stopped in on our way to Austria and we're glad we did; my daughters each got a Swiss Army Knife and they haven't put them down since!! The engraving was the icing on the cake....we didn't pre-book so we couldn't make our own knife, but we did see someone else getting one done and I would highly recommend it...nothing better than a Swiss Army Knife that you made yourself. While the kids figured out what knife they wanted I read the various displays which were interesting...
Glad we went...

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Doug13B

Amman, Jordan
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Nice place in a beautiful town”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were staying in Lucerne and decided to give this place a visit and we weren't disappointed at all! it is small, I cant call it a museum but it has some interesting information and a lovely shop with really nice staff especially Rosie!! She is the sweetest that could be, she was so helpful! She helped us pick a victorinox watch for my husband and she helped me pick and engrave swiss knives that I took as gifts for my brothers. She also recommended a lovely cafe on the lake called KOMBUSE for us to have a quick lunch at and it was lovely! I really encourage you to go and visit Brunnen and this place! Really nice!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Mariana-jo
Portland, Oregon
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Ok, but do not go out of your way”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This building is located in the middle of a cute village. The tour or should I say videos were nice. Not really much of a visit. No real history or other special information. Making a knife and the tools is pretty straight forward. The valley is very beautiful and the shops and restaurants around the place are very nice. The knifes and other gear is extremely expensive - do not expect a bargain

Visited April 2013
Surrey, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Find out more about Victorinox”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wonderful new visitor centre. Free entrance. Film about the history of Victorinox. Display of local goods which you can sample and purchase if you wish. Good range of products in the shop. Very friendly shop assistant called Rosie, she can speak several languages and can't do enough to help.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank JulieMSurrey
Ancona, Italy
831 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,700 helpful votes
“The Victorinox Museum”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This review is about what I'd thought of as the Victorinox Knife Museum, under the Victorinox shop opposite the Weisses Rössli hotel in the centre of town. The Brunnen Tourist Authority seems to call it the Swiss Knife Valley Centre.

Obviously it's going to appeal more to some than to others, but I think most people will find something there of interest. I did, and I'm not a collector.

There is a 5000 year old stone knife there with exactly the same shape of blade and handle as a modern Swiss Army Knife, and a coachman's knife of about 1820 with as spectacular a range of obscure gadgets as any modern pen-knife.

It's housed in only two or three rooms under the Victorinox shop, so a visit won't take long.

Visited October 2012