“It is Yesterday, Once More!”

Hotel Good Night Inn
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Brig
India
“It is Yesterday, Once More!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

When I entered the bar of this hotel, late in the evening, I had not expected that I will be reminded of the song - 'it's yesterday once more'. Not that I was staying here for the first time, but earlier I had not visited it's bar, which is a happening place indeed. I believe, the couples were mostly locals and the place was so graceful. There was a dance tutor who helped some of the elderly to dance on the tune.
Of course, my intention is to write about the hotel and vouch for its high value service and experience. It has large parking and well sized rooms. The bathroom and towels are basic but then, it is the price tag. I mean, it is 'value for money'. The fridges in the lobby are well staked with beers and drinks and you just have to pick your choice and pay at the reception. I am sure, no guest will ever consider of not paying because when you are checking out you have a strong feeling that they the hotel is even otherwise doing its best. Let us call it 'Inspired honesty' at 'Brig's Good Night Inn'.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel right in the centre, around 5 mins walk from the rail station.
The place was clean and present enough, as an added bonus the beers in the hotel bar were supprisingly slightly cheaper than the local bars. On our floor of the hotel (and so presumably each one) there was a large fridge where you can help yourself to drinks (soft and an uninspiring beer) which appear to operate on an honesty system that you pay the reception the next day of 2.50CHF each!
The food on the hotel also seemed reasonable but we checked out the Itailion opposite which wasn't cheap (where is in this part of the world!) but was very good and had bottled German Weiss beer available as well as the local stuff.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank mark_bates09
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I really liked this hotel. We stayed for one night after our journey on the Glacier Express. I think it is a chain but they have kept the personal touch. Great staff. Good clean rooms with fabulous views. Short walk to train station. Really good breakfast. I would recommend staying here.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I just got into Switzerland drove several hours and had a few mishaps along the way. Not knowing the language and feeling a little lost and out of place we stumbled onto the Good Night hotel late in the evening. Exhausted, at the end of our nerves and questioning our decision of coming to Europe, we met Katia at the front desk who because of her friendliness and sweet nature saved our first impression of the whole area. The hotels cleanliness, quiet rooms and comfortable beds were definitely a great ending to an almost, vacation ruining day.
The breakfast included in the already affordable room price was simple, very fresh, and nicely presented.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dg2623
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed there for one night. Good hotel, just 5 mins from Brig railway station. Rooms are neat and clean. There are good dining options around. Breakfast was brilliant ! No extra frills. Ideal for stop overs or for one night stays. I got a good online deal which was 30% cheaper than other hotels in Brig

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shibi_Karim
Welland, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I spent one night at the end of May 2012. The Hotel was easy to find from the train station and there were several restaurants and shops nearby. The good size room was very clean and comfortable. The staff would be best described as indifferent. I was nice to have a small refrigerator in the room. The best part was the view of the mountains that we had when we opened the glass door. It is not a balcony but a wrought iron railing. The breakfast was in a section of a very large room and was mediocre. For a 1-2 night stay I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brian H
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed for one night and that was enough for us. Brig itself is very small, the palace is worth a look, but not a lot to see I the city, best to head out for hikes from other villages nearby.

Basic hotel, decent sized double room with comfortable beds. Unfortunately had the foam chip pillows which are not the most comfortable.shower worked well.

We experianced very loud music on the Friday night we stayed, sounded like it was right underneath at the river bar which is part of the hotel. This disrupted our sleep for a while.
No wifi, but there are PC's available for a fee. breakfast was very basic bread and cheese, yogurt and cereal. Coffee was not great, from a self serve machine.

Good location for short stay, 5min walk or less to train station and 1 min over the bridge to the main square and many restaurants. Nothing special in terms of atmosphere, but clean and central.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor (5) f a light sleeper, we could hear the very loud music from bar on third floor u...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple