“Not the best”
Review of Tamina Therme

Tamina Therme
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Bad Ragaz
More attraction details
Owner description: The public thermal health spa is a place for body, mind and soul to regenerate. With a unique thermal water world, a modern sauna area and a comprehensive, top-quality range of wellness facilities and services. Europe's most abundant thermal source originates in the Tamina gorge near Bad Ragaz and was discovered long ago in the early Middle Ages (1242). The Tamina source not only gives its name to the Therme, but also provides the healing thermal water.
Zurich, Switzerland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Not the best”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place is nice to see but the wow effect was missing.
It is too expensive you pay 32.- CHF for 2 hours. You get one hot towel so no towels are needes.
You have one outside pool with deck chair and 4 indoors pool with 17 degrees and 39 degrees.
The staff is friendly even if you don't see soo much staff around.
My view of the Terme is that it should be more cozy and less modern.....

Visited August 2013

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Relax and enjoy”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Tamina Therme in Bad Ragaz is one of the most beautiful thermal bath in Switzerland. Spacious rooms and big windows makes the building to look light and friendly but not clinical at all.
The outside pool is very nice with separated whirlpools. In winter, if you dare, you can lie in the snow and go back to the hot water to strengthen your circular flow. There is also a snack bar in the pool area. Massage chairs offer great fun and relaxation. Close to the bath is the casion, so if you have relaxed enough, you can go and do some gambling.

Visited February 2013
Vienna
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Relaxing evening”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very nice and clean wellness center. A little cold though. I also think that it could be a little cheaper or at least with free parking. It seems I'm spoiled by our wellness centers.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank darklittledancer
California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A pleasant experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Okay, so I'm spoiled by having lived in Japan for four years, where hotsprings are far cheaper, atmospheric, and easy to come by. That said, I enjoyed my first visit to Bad Ragaz. The reception desk is friendly and helpful, the place is easy to "figure out" even if your German is poor (as mine is), and I found the atmosphere unpretentious and not overly crowded, despite it being a Saturday around Swiss school holiday time. I've lived in Switzerland for 18 months now and I still suffer from sticker shock with activities such as this. Eyes wide open I spent 32 CHF for two hours. I could have spent much less had I been willing to go on a weekday morning... I would recommend Bad Ragaz, but I couldn't see myself going there more than once a year.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank koberikku
Lugano, Switzerland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“My best Wellness centre”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I visited many Centres last years, and the renewed Bad Ragaz is one of my best and I come here every time I can: it's really spacious, clean, quiet. The sauna centre is beautiful, with a lot of "events" (Aufguesse) which I like very much. Every Friday there are Friday evening's sauna until late night, and every Full Moon special events as well. The bar has few things to eat, but really tasty. Massages are really expensive but I suggest to do them atleast once.
As I said, everything is well organised, changing rooms are enough and spacious. There are many different swimming and thermal water pools from few degrees until 37'C.
Try it, it's worth the money you will spend!

Visited October 2012