“Hidden Gem....Or is it?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Garden Brasserie

The Garden Brasserie
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Orsett
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Garden Brasserie at Orsett Hall serves British cuisine in a warm, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. With its beautiful interior, relaxing ambience and attentive staff, The Garden Brasserie is the perfect setting and place whether you are planning a breakfast meeting, celebration for two, a family get together, Afternoon Tea, a business lunch/dinner, or simply a coffee with friends while the children are at school. Set within Orsett Hall, the Brasserie overlooks the 12 acres of landscaped gardens of the Hotel. The surrounding countryside affords the Hotel a stunning rural backdrop, yet is within easy access and surprisingly close to the M25. Head Chef Robert Pearce delivers scrumptious brasserie style daily menus to ensure diners have a wonderful range of delightful food to select from. Robert is an experienced and creative chef who is always dreaming up new and exciting dishes as well as recreating traditional recipes with a new twist. He thoroughly researches his menus to guarantee they are of the highest standard and, along with his kitchen team works to ensure the dishes and their ingredients are in keeping with current trends - he's even been known to start a few new trends of his own!
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem....Or is it?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I visited the Garden Restaurant after reading a review from YourThurrock. In terms of food the review was spot on we could not find one fault with the food. It is clear to see why 2 rosettes where given and is clear big things can be achieved in this restaurant. However, this is as far as possitives go.....although there was a very pleasant restaurant manager, he seemed to be working alone. We consider our selves to be 'Foodies' and have eaten in many top restaurants and we can only offer our opinion. When we arrived and were seated we were presented with to many choices of menus which we feel is unnecessary for this restaurant as the alacarte menu speaks for its self. I would like to also point that it was apparent that there was a wedding or party of some sort in another room as loud music could be heard from our table and did no favors for the ambience in the Garden restaurant.
An overall beautiful restaurant but seems almost lost and over shadowed by other areas in the hotel as unaware a restaurant even existed within Orsett Hall until seeing the review in YourThurrock.
We would deffinantly return to the restaurant and recommend to our friends and hoping for a busier atmosphere when we return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrea I, Manager at The Garden Brasserie, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Many thanks for your review and we have noted your comments as feedback is very important to us. We do hope to see you again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Pleasing surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This restaurant is situated just outside the pleasant south Essex village of Orsett. It is very close to the junction of the A13 and A128. The hotel itself looks promising as you approach up the driveway and walk towards the main entrance. The restaurant is light and airy and its food options include a la carte, table d'hote and a beef wellington for 2 at £36. The food was neatly presented and acceptable. Tables are well spaced out so that you have some privacy. The service was a little on the slow side but the staff were polite and courteous. Next door is an area where cheaper bar snacks are served.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit. We hope to see you again very soon.
Upminster, United Kingdom
“An excellent meal to mark my wife's birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

As a surprise for my wife's birthday I decided to book a table in the Garden Restaurant, adjoining the Orsett Hall. My only regret is that I should have visited this place earlier.
Observations: Unusual but delightful decor which can only brighten your mood. It combined elegence with a modern feel which sat nicely with the general feel of the hotel. We were greeted in a friendly but professional way and shown to a particularly nice table overlooking the gardens which the manager, Andrew had arranged for us, to ensure that my wife had a celebration to remember .
The food was absolutely delicious. The portions are not huge but everything on the plate combined to give a really exceptional eating experience. This carried through to dessert which, for me, was the most inventive and lovely rubarb crumble I had tasted. We were given free coffee which we took in the lounge area, providing a pleasant ending to a memorable and very enjoyable visit. I should mention that Rob, the Chef had inscribed a "happy birthday" message in chocolate on my wifes dessert plate which was a nice extra touch!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review! I will pass on your feedback to the staff concerned. We hope to see you again very soon.
Wickford, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went to celebrate a special birthday. It was very cold in the restaurant had to ask to turn heating up. Was served bread definitely not fresh and had a hair in the bread basket. Lunch very small portions, plates cold with another hair in one of the dinners. 2 dirty glasses had to ask for clean ones. Staff pleasant , but their uniform a washed out black, I noticed one of the staff had a very dirty apron, not appealing look at all. Will not be going back. We did complain they took off one of the lunches. Expensive for what we got & a very disappointed, it spoilt a celebration lunch.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lancashire
“Pleasant hotel, friendly staff, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here on business a few times for several nights at a time.
Breakfast is delicious, the staff are very helpful and friendly. Room service is quick and food prices reasonable.
All the tooms I've stayed in have been lovely. They also have a well equiped gym. Would recommend for the business traveller.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your review. We hope to see you again soon.