“Lovely Hotel”

Orsett Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orsett
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here a few weekends ago to attend a friends wedding,which was beautiful :)
The room was lovely,clean and had a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was good and all the staff seemed helpful.
Would recommened this hotel to everyone wanting a nice relaxing weekend away

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed for a friend's wedding over a weekend recently. Hotel room was clean, well appointed with a comfortable bed. There was a little bit too much noise from the outside corridor but it was tolerable. We didn't have a great experience at check-out as it took almost 20 mins of waiting before we were seen to, but they made breakfast complimentary when settling the bill. Perfectly fine for a short trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London UK
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night to attend a friend's wedding. The room was very modern, huge comfortable bed. The bathroom was immaculate and provided complimentray ESPA toiletries - all very nice. The grounds of the hotel are very picturesque and all the staff seemed helpful. We had breakfast there in a very colourful, floral room, with funky coloured fruity chandeliers and fruit baskets walls - it was quite an eyeful. A really lovely hotel - definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
OrsettHall, Front Office Manager at Orsett Hall, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Orsett Hall Hotel.

We continually review our facilities to ensure that we are offering our guests the highest standard accommodation and superior level of service, for which we have recently been awarded a solid Four Star rating from AA and 2 AA Rosettes for the Garden Restaurant.

It is always very comforting to see that the team’s hard work has been recognised. I will pass on your comments to our staff and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.
Essex
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was taken here on my hen had a fab night everything was fab room, food, people until I got home and found that the hotel debited £150 from my debit card details which I gave as security reasons damages theft etccc none of this happened and am fuming that my money was debited it was £50 a room and I was the only one with a bank card so I did all 3...Fuming rung up and accs isnt open until tomo so now have to see the outcome probably fob me off with we didnt debit it when my bank clearloy can see you did!! Was going to book another night but think I will give it a miss by all means stay there but dont give card details on arrival ruined what was a good weekend! NEVER EVER AGAIN! and wont be recommending.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jadey90
Thank you for your recent comments regarding the event you recently attended.

We are sorry to hear that such an enjoyable occasion ended on such a sour note.

When checking guests into the hotel we place a hold of £50 in your account. This is to cover us for any items you wish to bill to your room, or any damages that may occur. Once you check out of the hotel and no charges are incurred we cancel the hold on the monies in the account with the bank. The bank then release these funds back to you. There may have been an error with the bank on this occasion.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused.

We do hope that this does not deter you from returning to the hotel again.
grays
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just returned home from the most wonderful Spa afternoon followed by a lovely cream tea.I frequently go to Spa days but must say that the treatments I had at the Kukanu Spa, in the Orsett Hall were amongst the best I have ever had. Staff at the Spa also made you feel very comfortable.

I was then treated to a cream tea. The sandwiches and cakes were fresh and there was a very good assortment. The staff were attentive and teapots were refilled as soon as they were empty and when we could not eat any more we were given a 'doggy' box to take the rest home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and treatments at Orsett Hall.

The afternoon tea has become one of our most popular events at the hotel and always receives fantastic reviews, it is good to see that our hard work helps to deliver a perfect experience.

We will be sure to pass your lovely comments to the staff in the spa too!

We look forward to you visiting the hotel again soon
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am writing to complain about my afternoon tea experience.
I have been for afternoon tea at a variety of places from very high end to on a budget. But I am disappointed to say your service was the worst.
We arrived and staff at reception were nice telling us where to go but as soon as we stepped foot in the restaurant the waitress showed us to our table but the fact the tea was to be served in a restaurant with screaming kids and babies was terribly off putting! Most places only allow children aged 16+ for afternoon tea.
Only 2 waitresses were working and they were over worked. More staff were certainly needed. One waitress had to even keep going to the bar to serve other guests!
The atmosphere was like a cafe.
The tables had no table cloths, the floor was dirty, there was dust, the waitress was terribly unattentive. She offered us tea or coffee but no tea list... She took a whole 25 minutes to get the tea and coffee to us and even failed to bring teaspoons or sugar! I had to remind her to which it took her another 5 minutes.
The coffee pot was dirty and could of done with a polish. The teacup and saucer were very modern and nothing like the teacups you get for afternoon tea elsewhere!
The sandwiches, cakes and scones were not brought out till another 30 minutes or so. And we were not offered more sandwiches which other places do. There were not enough sandwiches for the 3 of us.
I have no bad comments on the food however.
The staff failed to check if we were okay. Didn't even ask if we needed more tea. I asked for the tea list but they failed to get me one infact I had to ask THREE times. Then finally a waitress gave me a written list on a note of paper with the tea list. Absolutely horrific!
My mother complained to a waitress but she didn't care.
I noticed the lovely room to the side of the restaurant which would of been more suitable for afternoon tea. The restaurant was not suited to afternoon tea at all.
They then overcharged us for 4 people instead of 3! But my mother didn't want to cause a stir as she by this point was so embarrassed and disappointed.
I came with good hopes for your afternoon tea and left feeling disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank leanneJ88
Thank you for your recent feedback with regards to Afternoon Tea.

We are deeply upset to hear that you had such a terrible experience. We are a family friendly hotel and this obvioulsy can lead to a more lively environment.

We will take all of your comments into consideration for the future, and hope that this experience has not put you off returning to Orsett Hall in the future.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The Afternoon Tea costs £16.50 per head. I'm not going to comment on value for money because I still tend to live in the 60's when it comes to prices. Orsett Hall is a lovely place and the staff are very friendly and helpful. You get a welcoming alcoholic drink of your choice then a tray of sandwiches and cakes and tea or coffee (with a chance of a top up of the hot drinks) The sandwiches are small but OK There were 4 little sandwich fingers - smoked salmon, cheese&cucumber, egg&cress and ham&tomato. The scones, cream & jam were lovely (that from someone who doesn't normally like them) But the other cakes let everything down, showing a distinct lack of imagination. A splodge of crumbly meringue & cream (the size of an Iced Gem -do they still sell those?) a choc flavored bun and 2 little slabs of cake - a gingery/slightly walnutty piece, and a madiera type thing. These 3 items were all topped with similar, sugary toppings. They are only small portions so why not provide more memorable (if slightly dearer) alternatives and really create an impression? Perhaps a really nice piece of fruit cake and maybe a miniature danish pastry? (myself I would have scoffed another of those delightful tasting scones-except, of course, it would require more cream) IMO it smacked of cost cutting. Surely better quality offerings don't dig that deeply into profit margins? (perhaps they do - I'm 60's man remember) I'll give it 4 stars because I believe that Orsett hall listen to constructive criticism. If I didn't believe that it would get 3 stars tops

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your Afternoon Tea here at Orsett Hall.

We pleased to hear that you thought the hotel was lovely and that the staff were helpful. We do pride ourselves on customer service, and we do receive lots of positive comments regarding this.

We always welcome feedback and so appreciate your comments. This is obviously something we will look into for the future.

We hope to see you back at the hotel again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orsett
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Horndon-on-the-Hill
Marygreen Manor Hotel
Marygreen Manor Hotel
#1 of 4 in Brentwood

Been to Orsett Hall? Share your experiences!