“Benefits all around - for grownups and kids”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The 4Rooms

Our restaurant, the 4tables cafe & gallery, is just down the road
Breakfast is included!
Starter!
Local fresh trout.
Sometimes, the wood-fire oven is turned on!
Dessert at 4tables.
The month-long ShopArt/ArtShop-1 was held in 2013.
The gallery of SA/AS-1
Gaddi wedding dance in Gunehar.
The valley.
Landing gently.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 32 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Barsha M
“Not recommended for family with seniors.”
Reviewed June 13, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

To start with...Was so excited to take my family for a quiet vacation. The place is beautiful. The owner Frank has all good intentions but sadly no time. If you are so busy with several activities at least mention that earlier. He had no time to guide us with places to visit also! The other two people were sweet though...for lunch and dinner have to walk a distance and no provision for elders who don't wish to walk. Must try is the PIZZA that is great. But other than that nothing great.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jun 14, 2018
Dear Barsha, thank you at least for saying that the place is beautiful and that we have good intentions. The fact that, indeed, I personally do not have as much time as even I would sometimes hope to have, is true. Running a place like this, as well as a full-fledged restaurant (in which, as you know, I cook myself!), and supervising the different activities of the 4tables project are all very time consuming, not to mention being single parent to a 10-year old. We are a small team of 3 people, you have at least praised the other two :)... however, Barsha, firstly, I had time and again informed your husband before you came that the restaurant is 100 mtrs walk away and he had said that was no problem. In fact, we have families that include the elderly as well as children all the time who are happy with the arrangements. Secondly, though I myself do not have as much time as you would have liked to share with me, I did have long conversations with your husband on the first evening and the following day about places to visit etc, explaining in detail the things that could be done around here and even drawing a trekking map at one point, plus arranging for paragliding and so on, and I had also arranged for a good, knowledgable local driver to be with you throughout your stay-- god bless Omkar! Thirdly, I feel we were very accommodating in other regards to your many special wishes like arranging for your pick up from Pathankot railway station, cooking you meals we do not have on our menu, purchasing an extra fan for you, even letting 6 people stay in two rooms which we usually never allow. If despite all this you were not happy, we regret it deeply, but I do fail to totally comprehend what else we could have done. Of course, I know you were annoyed that you had to pay fully for the rooms you had booked, but maybe you can understand that we can not at the last moment offer discounts or refunds after the terms of the rental has been agreed upon.

I hope anyway that there will be nice things you will keep in memory about this place, the village and our activities. We are always trying very hard to do justice to our concept and if anything, your critique only makes me want to get even better! So thank you!
Anirban G
“Benefits all around - for grownups and kids”
Reviewed May 14, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Let me first tell you the best thing about 4 rooms. Even though it is a restored traditional style house in the middle of a village up in a mountain, the plumbing works beautifully. This means that when we came back all sweaty from random walks, runs and lolling around in the sunshine and meadows of Bir, there was lovely hot water showers to look forward to.

4 rooms is right in the centre of a quiet village which you can reach in 10 minutes from the Bir bus-stand. The place is thoughtfully designed, peaceful and welcoming. My kids had a great time doing stuff that urban kids rarely have the opportunity to - playing in the fields, inspecting bugs and insects, a slide on a giant boulder and instant friendships with other kids.

Everyday, Frank set out a massive breakfast for us. He makes excellent coffee too!

All in all, a great find for us. We plan to return every year.

Jun 14, 2018
See you again! :)
dreamsket...
bangalore
“Rustic and serene village stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2018 for a stay in June 2017

We had an absolutely wonderful time at 4 rooms, a unique homestay which is actually authentic. A renovated village home that Frank has put a lot of heart into...Not al all for people looking for a regular hotel experience but perfect for travelers looking for a clean comfortable stay in a real village. Frank cooks a mean meal too so that's a plus!!! Alok is adorable and please Frank give him a huge hug from me and Pushpa too!! Four tables is where you get yum Frank made, home made food!! Wanna go back for sure!!

May 9, 2018
Hope you come back soon!
vikram s
“The perfect Getaway”
Reviewed May 8, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Words cannot fully describe our experience at The 4Rooms but let me start by saying that Frank and his wonderful staff exceeded all/any of our expectations.
A beautifully restored house that is tended with a lot of love and attention, our living arrangements were great. Despite keeping the authenticity of the local architecture, there is no compromise on comfort anywhere in the house.
Adjacent to the village, ideal for a walk down in to the village and then up in the valley for as much adventure/ quiet time one needs.
Frank is an excellent host who will give you all the space you need but is always available for anything you need.
We ate all our meals at the 4Tables not because it was close but it was one of the best food i've had in a while. Frank and his staff were amazing to accommodate my wife and I who are vegan and from pancakes to tofu wraps to delicious daal/subzi, it was a culinary delight.
Far and remote enough to do nothing, yet close and accessible to temples/ monasteries/ para gliding/ trekking, or other activities.
I cannot wait to be back there next year.

Apoorva R
“The perfect escape”
Reviewed May 5, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

My stay at Four Rooms was absolutely wonderful. Frank is a great host and I cannot appreciate enough how helpful he was (especially with my arrival plans going completely haywire). The food at 4Tables is amazing. Frank even made me a delicious vegan pizza. The staff are lovely and make you feel right at home. The room was super comfortable too. It's a great place to stay at if you're looking for a break from totally commercialised hotels without missing out on comfort. I would highly recommend staying here if you're coming to Bir.

May 9, 2018
lakshmir4
Bengaluru, India
“When dreams come true..”
Reviewed December 28, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

"A quaint place tucked away in a dream..that's how I would describe the 4Rooms. And magically placed in the quaint little village of Gunehr, filled with the nicest people and the most incredible sunsets one can ever see. I had a lovely stay at 4Rooms while on my solo trip. Being off season, I was the only occupant of the house. Was highly sceptical about spending the night by myself in the big house but was assured by Frank and Suman that there was no reason to worry. And needless to say, I slept like a baby. The food at 4Tables cafe is to die for. Frank is an amazing cook and produces some fantastic grub from his kitchen. The home made breads and cakes are exceptional. I will never forget the long walks and the chats with the friendly villagers and the yummiest aloo sabji I had at one of the houses up in the village where I got invited for a meal just because I happened to be passing by!
Will definitely go back to this little enchanted village..."

Dec 29, 2017
see you again, soon!
Simantini...
“Relaxed and pleasant ”
Reviewed October 22, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We throughly enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are great! The staff is friendly and helpful. We also ate at the restaurant and the food was amazing! We hope to come back soon!!

Oct 23, 2017
Please do :)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing