“Not worth the price... Not a 4* hotel...”

TRYP by Wyndham Bad Bramstedt
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bad Bramstedt
Sao Paulo, SP
“Not worth the price... Not a 4* hotel...”
Reviewed March 3, 2010

OVERVIEW
I´ve stayed in Mercure for 4 nights, in the end of July and beginning of August 2009. I bought a package with a travel agency for Wacken Open Air festival. I haven´t used all the amenities of the hotel, so I cannot say how the pool is, for instance.
In general, I think this is not a 4 star hotel, concerning the comfort and size of the room and bathroom. I payed 170 USD per night, and think it was not worth the money.

ROOM
I was given a room at the 3rd floor. It was one of the first rooms, near the lift, and I was worried about the noise at night. But actually I haven´t heard a sound from outside during my stay. However, I could hear the sound of the shower of the room just above mine, and it bothered me at night.
The room was much smaller than I expected, specially for a self-titled 4* hotel. The bed was comfortable, so was the pillow. There was a TV in the room, but I haven´t even turned it on, so can´t say anything about TV quality or channels. The room was clean when I arrived.
The bathroom is old and small. Its door hits the shower box. All the amenities were working well (hair dryer, hot water). Good shower quality.

SERVICE
There was wifi in the room, but I had to pay for it. Good quality of connection. The breakfast was served at the 1st floor, at a nice restaurant, well decorated. Good waiter service. Many options of fruits, jam, bread, cheese... The only problem is that if you come 30-20 minutes before the end of breakfast, things are not replaced and you´ll have a poor breakfast.
There was a business center with high speed internet, but I haven´t used it.
Check-in was a bit slow because we were many people. Check-out was quick.
The staff is OK. One of the receptionists was very nice with me and agile in finding me a good taxi, with a nice driver.
My room was cleaned everyday.

LOCATION
The hotel is near the city center (Bad Bramstedt is very small). I cannot say anything else about it, as I had a shuttle bus that took us to Wacken everyday, and actually I haven´t spent much time in the city.
But undoubtfully next time I go to the Wacken Open Air, I´ll prefer to stay closer, as it was a 90-minute ride between the both cities (by bus).

Well, I would only recommend this hotel if you don´t have any other option. Definitely the price is not worth.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Viking_Janaluna
koehlerhof, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Bad Bramstedt, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
Thank you for commenting our services. We will take care of your comments and will discuss them within our team. Referring to your comments concerning our breakfast I already spoke to the breakfast team to prevent these circumstances for the future.

We regret that you were not content with all our services

Best regards The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed November 1, 2006

We stayed at Mercure Koehlerhof Bad Bramstedt in mid October.
The hotel is very anonymous. Not charming at all. The rooms are very basic. The decor could use an update - also the bathrooms.
It was very clean - and the staff was helpful. The breakfast is not worth the 13 € - compared to what we have enjoyed elsewhere in Germany, it was not interesting. We tried the bar - and enjoyed a light meal there, which was OK.
We enjoyed the pool - and tried to bowl one evening with our two children. We also brought our dog which was no problem - only a minor expense per night (8 €).
It is situated in a small town with a very nice café for breakfast/brunch - and a small italian restaurant (casa del vino) with great, fresh food - ie. they had no pesto for the girls pasta, as it was not the season for basil! Quite charming.
In future we would stay else where, even though the situation was fine, only 40 km from Hamburg.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — The rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Try something more authentic
#3 of 8 in Neumunster
Hotel Kuehl
Hotel Kuehl
#2 of 8 in Neumunster

Been to TRYP by Wyndham Bad Bramstedt? Share your experiences!