“nice but expensive”

Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Lindau
Banbridge, United Kingdom
“nice but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed here recently, with my husband, it's a beautiful setting, breakfast was amazing and the staff can't do enough for you. The swimming pool was very small and dissapointing, but spotlessly clean. It's an expensive place, but very beautiful.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the lake is best
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
karon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The loaction of this hotel is perfect, right in the middle of the marina with a nice view of the harbour. It is quite a small hotell, with not too many rooms which is nice because then the staff actually remembers you. The hotell and spa is some what expensive (but so is everything in lindau, and probably around the entire lake). Even though the high prices we felt we got our money worths (expect resturant, more on that later). The atmosphere of the hotel and spa is very relaxed and welcoming. Everythings seems clean and fresh, and most of the hotel and rooms are quite modern. The restaurant is another story.... the lack of service were simply non existing at times, which is truly a shame because the food is actually very good. To put it this way: waiters aren`t doing any favours for the chefs . But the food is actually worth the wait, just remember to order two glasses pr. person of whatever you are drinking or you`ll be sitting without for a long time. Oh, and be aware if the short, old and overweight waiter; Stay away from his serving section or you will day of thirst before anything happens. But the breakfast is amazing!
To sum it up,in spite of a few hickups here and there we will absolutely stay at the hotel again. No doubt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Santiago, Chile
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

the outstanding:
The Best Breakfast I have ever had in a Hotel.

the good: very nicely modern designed rooms

the ugly: no parking space available - now this is a problem since the Helvetia is on a half island which in the main season is without available parking spaces. Major inconvenience.

Lost & found:
We left our brand new top of the line electrish toothbrush in the room - It was lost to never be found again - something that happens very rairly in good Hotels these days

The pool.
The pool is tiny - we did think we are paying top Euro for the Spa & Wellness but we did not feel that we got what we paid for. The pool also is cold - colder then the lake Bodensee.

The chaos:
Restaurant staff were incable to tell us if we could upgrade to half board. It was advertised in the Hotel so we thought we would ask. Instead Restaurant staff asked me to check with Receiption and when I came back and told her Receiption said no problem the waiter consulted with the kitchen staff and said it was not possible.

All in all NOT recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CamAutSantiago
Spalt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is ina nice area.

It is clean and all people working there are really freindly. To use the SPA area is a great experience.

Specially the suana on top of the Hotel is a great to use here you ahve a nice view to the Bodensee.

Breakfeast ist super with fresh things and as well with a nice few to the Bodensee

The only thing i think is not ood is the parking space arround the hotel. If you use the Hotel parking space it will be a long way to walk

Will go next visit again into this Hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I really liked my stay here, the rooms were clean, spacious, modern, relaxing and well decorated, there was a little good night story and sweets on the pillows. The hotel is situated right in front of the lake as well which im sure is fantastic in the summer and also very pretty in the winter.
The spa facilities were lovely, whilst I was there they were practically empty so it was like i had my own spa. These were also very clean and really nicely decorated. There was also a relaxtion room on another floor with comfortable loungers, free fruit and juice which I thought was I a nice touch.
The breakfast buffet was decent, it had an array on baked goods and cereals, yoghurt and juice but nothing overly wowed me.
The staff were overall really friendly and helpful though I didn't really talk to them much. It was really nice for a short stay though im not sure if I would pay nearly 500 euros for two nights again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I and my friend stayed at the hotel in July 2012. I must admit this was the best hotel during our 2-week Swiss biking trip (we made a short stop in Lindau). First of all, the personnel is very friendly and welcoming. The level of service was quite impressive. The amenities were extensive, and the breakfast was superb. I can hardly imagine a better selection of food. So far, that was the best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel. Finally, when we were checking out, the receptionist gave us extra bread from the hotel so that we safely make to the next point on our bikes. I and my friend were really touched with that gesture.

The only problem that we had is that one of the rooms in the spa did not work, but that was minor.

Disclaimer: I stay on average at more than 30 different hotels per year; thus, I do know what to expect from a hotel.

Room Tip: They have rooms with great lake view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Volga981
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Fantastic location, right next to the port, and dinner was very nice at the hotel. The Room was modern but no WOW factor and only had a shower. The Spa in the basement needs some TLC, some things needed cleaning and did not work. How ever the SPA on the roof was great! I would stay again...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple