“Lovely place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Lindau
Basel, Switzerland
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Perfectly placed on beautiful Lindau Island, clean and alright-looking rooms, good breakfast included in room price. On the minus side, double beds have separate matresses and check-out at 10 in the morning makes you hurry a bit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

This hotel doesnt worth what you pay!!!!!!!!
The bed is a joke, the matress has the form of other bodies than yours, so when you lay is just hard to move. The pillow is hard as a rock and my wifes smelled like cigarette!

It should cost no more than 30 Euros!

• Stayed November 2012
6 Thank Ricardo G

Travelers are raving about these Lindau hotels

Balikpapan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at the Seerose during the new year season. The town was very quiet but we loved strolling the streets, Lindau was an incredibly beautiful place.
We booked the Seerose at the last minute - we got a large clean room that easily accommodated the four of us and the price seemed very reasonable. The children had their own room off of our main room. The check-in was fine but the man a little gruff. We had a good sleep on comfortable beds. The breakfast was OK, not great and there was a very off-putting smell of cigarettes. The Seerose worked for us due to price and last minute booking and the fact that it was one night only. I think if and when we go back I would prefer to stay on the waterfront and not choose the Seerose.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel is well located, but it is for one night only. The internet doesn't work and the bad are not good. It is not a value for money.
There is a big public parking in front of the Hotel and at night it is free.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marcos_Barbosa
Key West, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

So, you (like I had) have probably read some good and some bad reviews for this place and are wondering who is right. In some ways they are all true, depending on your expectations. But, overall, this is a relatively inexpensive place to stay, that even still does not live up to (lowered) expectations and does not provide a reasonable value. This is the worst place in which we have ever stayed in ten visits to Germany. Here are some of our observations:

--Shower smelled. Had to close door to use sink in tiny bathroom.
--No shampoo or soap in the shower.
--Rooms not as advertised/pictured - we got a musty basement room with one tiny overhead window - other window opened to dark, dank crawl space. No ventilation.
--No sheets on the bed. Only some type of synthetic mattress cover.
--Cigarette smell in breakfast room overwhelming/nauseating.
--Breakfast minimal, which is o.k. considering the price, but the coffee was not good.
--Internet unreliable - timed out after only several minutes use.
--Owner told my wife by email there was free parking ON SITE - NOT TRUE. Free parking over 600 meters away, so we paid to park across the street.
--Owners nice at times, grumpy at others.

Room Tip: Ask if you are going to be put above ground or underground; and then hope you were told the truth.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Mike C
Hong Kong
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

The hotel owner is totally cold hearted to travelers!

I made a booking for a night in May through Venere.com, but somehow the booking was cancelled due to my credit card problem. I did it again but still cancelled. Then I switched to Hotels.com with another credit card. The booking was confirmed at 99 euros. That was in Feb.

Just some days ahead of my stay, I got an email confirming my stay. But when I got to the hotel, the hotel door was locked (first time in my life!) and a man only talked to me via the intercom. No matter what I tried to explain to him about my re-booking with another credit card, he just insisted my credit card was bad and booking cancelled and then switched off the intercom. I buzzed the mic again trying to ask him to open the door to let me show him the confirmation email from Hotels.com, he just didn't care and told me to leave and then switched off the intercom.

I was astonished as most if not all the people I encountered in my 17 day trip in Europe were friendly. How could a hotel owner be so cold to potential customers! I deserved better treatment even if I was just a guy in need who happened to be outside his closed hotel door.

As for Hotels.com, I lodged a complaint immediately that night (mid May), I am still waiting for something they could do! I won't be using Hotels.com in future after my experience with Seerose and their lack of concern!

As for the hotel itself (though I had not been granted the priviledge to enter), I totally agree to other reviews that it was not worth the money. It is located in a little alley without car parking as it claimed!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Wai Chi Y
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

We were just there for one night to avoid a night in over-priced Switzerland. We booked a quad for the 4 of us - interesting room with a very large multi- head shower. Made us go hmmm... Owner was a bit gruff in a fun sort of way - he was accommodating to let us eat breakfast in the garden since the eating room was busy, then watched our luggage and let my mom sit in the garden to read after we checked out so we could tour the pleasant island and pick up a rental car.

• Stayed September 2011