All reviews outdoor pool great spa lake constance parking ticket view of the lake the hotel staff swiss alps lindau island terrace bodensee bathrobes ferries curtains austria
Reviewed July 1, 2016

MINUS _ Incidental costs were high - a coffee at nearly 6 euros could cost us a fortune at our rate of consumption, for example. However, one issue stood out - the room was unbearably hot. There was no heating on, it was not so hot outside and our window was open but still it was unbearable afternoons, and at night any sheet was too much. The staff seemed nonplussed as to why. There was no a/c which I would expect in a hotel at 220 eur/night. Staff offered a table top fan but the noise of that is too much. Also the rooms were surprisingly small.
PLUS -The location and care of staff was very good, one had the feeling of being in a privately owned hotel and not a chain. A wide choice based Breakfast on the rear patio overlooking the lake sets one up for a lazy day out. Due to the presence of two Presidents at this dates the security was high but unobtrusive and efficient. The grounds were beautiful and the access to the boot to Lindau rather unusual.

Room tip: Ensure a room with a/c in the summer
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Uta G, Quality Manager at Hotel Bad Schachen, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2016

Dear MikeWNewport_Uk,

thank you very much for your feedback, we are pleased to read that you enjoyed the nostalgic hotel-location and the good service of our team.

Of course, during the summer time our historical building heats up. Currently, we are about to renovate our rooms part-by-part, which also includes the installation of air-condition in every renewed room.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our house.

Best regards,

yours Team of the Hotel Bad Schachen

Reviewed June 28, 2016

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Bad Schachen for one night in June just after we picked up our new BMW 750 in Munich. The hotel has a beautiful location in a park-like setting right on the lake. They have extensive grounds and a lovely (though cool) swimming pool. We had a great time at the pool and a delightful dinner overlooking the lake. Breakfast was delicious and our room had a lovely view, though it hadn't been updated in a while. Room was very very clean and nice - just a little dated.

We would love to go back and it was a lovely experience.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Uta G, Quality Manager at Hotel Bad Schachen, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2016

Dear RichBelanger,

congratulation for your new car - what a nice first road trip to the Lake Constance! We are happy, that we have been your first destination and that you enjoyed your stay in our house. Actually we are making up our rooms step by step.

We hope to welcome you soon again, best regards

Reviewed June 17, 2016

My husband an I stayed in this hotel and we really loved it. The hotel is right on the lake surrounded by a beautiful park. We had a suite (no.234) with breathtaking view. Very clean and comfortable.
The service in the hotel is excellent. The breakfast is great an the diner delicious.

The location is excellent for walking, cyclin or just relax.
The hotel i one of the best hotels we have ever been and we really travel a lot.
We really enjoyed our stay and have even booked the hotel and the same room for the next year.

Room tip: Rooms with lake view are excellent
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear rosarepublicacheca,

thank you very much for your nice feedback. It was a pleasure to us to have given you a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

We look forward to your next visit, best regards

Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

Its a beautiful hotel with a very kind staff. Its old style hotel. They have very tasty breakfast buffet. Its for relaxing and mind free from all work stress that you have. Its also nice for people who want to visit boden lake that located between three countries.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Salem A,

we appreciate to hear, that you had a relaxing and nice stay in our house. We look forward to welcome you again, best regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2016

I did not stay in the Hotel Bad Schachen (I am sure it is wonderful), I have only used their wellness area, since the hotel I have stayed in in Lindau did not have a suitable spa and wellness area.
I think it is wonderful they offer entrance and treatments to outside guests. Their wellness is very clean, peaceful and relaxing. I have enjoyed my treatment (face and neck cleansing) very much and the beautician who performed it was very professional - she talked me through every step and explained everything about the treatment, there were no surprises. I have also received very helpful advices about skin care. The beauty products (like face masks) have a high quality and the whole treatment was worth every cent. The staff is very attentive, I was offered drinks and the beautician checked-up on me from time to time if everything was alright.
It was a very pleasant experience and I am for sure coming back.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Uta G, Quality Manager at Hotel Bad Schachen, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2016

Dear Igor,

we appreciate to hear, that you enjoyed your visit and your treatment in our Spa. Thank you very much for your nice review.

We hope, you will visit Lindau again and come back to us - as our hotel guest as well.

All the best to you and greetings from Lake Constance