All reviews outdoor pool great spa lake constance parking ticket view of the lake hotel management lindau island bodensee boat stuffy curtains
Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

Its a beautiful hotel with a very kind staff. Its old style hotel. They have very tasty breakfast buffet. Its for relaxing and mind free from all work stress that you have. Its also nice for people who want to visit boden lake that located between three countries.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Uta G, Quality Manager at Hotel Bad Schachen, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2016

Dear Salem A,

we appreciate to hear, that you had a relaxing and nice stay in our house. We look forward to welcome you again, best regards,

your Team of the Hotel Bad Schachen

Reviewed June 5, 2016

I did not stay in the Hotel Bad Schachen (I am sure it is wonderful), I have only used their wellness area, since the hotel I have stayed in in Lindau did not have a suitable spa and wellness area.
I think it is wonderful they offer entrance and treatments to outside guests. Their wellness is very clean, peaceful and relaxing. I have enjoyed my treatment (face and neck cleansing) very much and the beautician who performed it was very professional - she talked me through every step and explained everything about the treatment, there were no surprises. I have also received very helpful advices about skin care. The beauty products (like face masks) have a high quality and the whole treatment was worth every cent. The staff is very attentive, I was offered drinks and the beautician checked-up on me from time to time if everything was alright.
It was a very pleasant experience and I am for sure coming back.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
Uta G, Quality Manager at Hotel Bad Schachen, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2016

Dear Igor,

we appreciate to hear, that you enjoyed your visit and your treatment in our Spa. Thank you very much for your nice review.

We hope, you will visit Lindau again and come back to us - as our hotel guest as well.

All the best to you and greetings from Lake Constance

yours Bad Schachen Team

Reviewed May 10, 2016 via mobile

Without a doubt one of the most relaxed and friendly services I've experienced for some time. We felt so welcomed by everybody in the staff. The hotel itself? The setting is fantastic ... Right on the lake with a beautiful garden and indoor and outdoor swimming pool and a great spa/sauna area. But, who needs the pools when you can jump straight into the lake from the hotel garden!? We were there with children and that was very uncomplicated so I would say a child friendly atmosphere! We will come back without a doubt!!!

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Uta G, Qualitäts Manager at Hotel Bad Schachen, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2016

Dear 1234CN,

thank you very much for your friendly feedback. We appreciate to hear, that you and your family enjoyed your stay in our house.

We look forward to see you and your family soon again, best wishes and regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2015

The hotel staff were really friendly and the food was great. The view of the lake from the room was fantastic. A good place to chill out and relax especially within the Spa facilities and hotel grounds which were excellent.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
Uta G, Quality Manager at Hotel Bad Schachen, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2015

Dear robertthomas2007,

thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate much to hear, that you enjoyed your stay in our house and especially in our Spa.

We hope to welcome you soon again, best regards

Reviewed September 7, 2015

This place is a dream when the weather is nice, the lake, the pool, the hotel itself is amazing, beautifully classy. Most of the staff are very attentive and go the extra mile to accommodate your requests. However some of them were not that pleasant, in particular one of the older waiters who seemed to have a problem with foreigners. He was quite rude, forgot to pass our order to the kitchen and didn't even apologise.
The breakfast is very good, and it is very enjoyable to have a glass of Prosecco to wash down your bacon and eggs :-)
We had a back facade room, it was spacious, on the spartan side, and the bathroom was pretty small. If you can afford it I am sure a front facade one with views of the lake must be absolutely stunning.Towels, bathrobe and slippers provided by the hotel and even a hamper basket type of bag to get your stuff to the pool and the spa.
During the Bregenz festival period a boat comes and picks you up from the hotel pier and takes you straight to the opera, and it is a beautiful spectacle seeing the lit up boat in the evening come back with the reflection of the lights on the lake. I, however, would recommend buying the tickets for the opera independently, you can get category I ones which will allow you to see the opera indoors in case it rains, which is what happened to us. The hotel sells category II ones, which are also good. We tried the festival menu and the barbacue options. The first wants to be the fine dinning type of experience but it misses the mark a bit, good presentation though and certainly not unpleasant. The barbacue the first day wasn't very good, some of the stuff seemed to be overcooked and was dry, but the second time we tried we were on the first turn and it was very good. In any case plenty of options to choose from, fish, meat and vegetables.

Overall a very pleasant experience and will certainly go back in the future.

Stayed: August 2015
Uta G, Quality Manager at Hotel Bad Schachen, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2015

Dear BettyBurkes,

thank you very much for your detailed and nice feedback! We appreciate to hear, that you enjoyed your stay in our house and the Bregenz Opera Festival.

Of course, the wellbeing of our guests occupies center stage to us. We apologize for any misbehaviour of our employee and care of this matter.

Concerning the festival we offer category II tickets out of a contingent, but of course we could order any other category as well depending on the availability. Please let us know your preferences at your next reservation, as early as possible.

We are looking forward to see you again, best regards