“Best meal in Lindau!”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food was excellent. I ordered the ox cheeks and can honestly say that it was one of the best things I have ever tasted. My daughter ordered the spinach spatzle and she thought it was fantastic as well. We sat outside and the atmosphere was very pleasant. The service was a bit slow, but we're on vacation so who cares! Also the wait staff was very patient with our limited German and tried very hard to accommodate us.

2  Thank 4globetrotters4

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Again we had a very good meal here ,it is next door to restaurant Valentin and I highly recommend both .Loved everything here ,staff food and wine.I think they close Monday while next door is open.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were staying a few doors down from the restaurant which not only looked appealing but came highly recommended on this site. All food was all freshly cooked and I had some superb locally sourced fish. The service from the staff was excellent, very friendly and although they were happy happy to entertain our basic german they also provided menus in English which was incredibly helpful. The food was also great value for money and we have a really enjoyable family meal. We will definitely return on our next visit to the beautiful island of Lindau

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Get away from the waterfront in Lindau and you will eat the best meal in town. Huge portions of delicious pork loin with lovely basil spatzel and green spargel (asparagus). Dessert was a quark dumpling-light, spongy, slight cheese taste-hard to describe, but must try. Even though we are non-German speakers, we were able to order what we wanted. I hope someday to return.

1  Thank skiwe
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Five of us ate at Wissingers. It was recommended by an elite competitor who was fully booked. For us it was serendipity. From the outside, it looked like an upscale Gasthaus. Inside, it was modern and bright. The menu offered many rustic regional dishes and a smattering of haute cuisine items. The prices seemed a bit higher than normal, but each of us was well pleased. We had and shared tastes of Lammkeule, Ochsenbäckle, Tafelspitz, Landgockelbrust and a potato dish. Those who were not completely filled shared Gebackene Apfelküchl, Quarkknödel and Tete Moine. Again, nothing was found lacking, not even the house wines. Service was efficient and very friendly. I was tempted to give the restaurant the 5 points that the food deserved. I did not, because of a few very small decor items and the price. I get so exasperated with reviewers who find every restaurant the best ever.

1  Thank DonPaulo